Quantcast

tirengolf

Credit Card Fraud " Beware of This"

First time in 40 years I got my 1st credit card fraud case. Guy calls my assistant wanted tire price, he gives price, guy says you take CC over the phone, company is paying for tires , I know almost all my customers, guy calls back wants tires , my assistant ask a few questions they cut a deal. Ok here is where I would have got suspicious. 1- guy wants a odd size tire 2- the guy that comes to pick up is not the name of the guy he said was coming. 3- The guy carries the tires out. Ding, Ding, Ding. This assistant has been with me for 17 years, great guy, did not get all the info on CC although he got the 3 digit code. This had warning bells all over it to me. The card goes through , no big deal. Now month later we get charge back. I call my CC provider . I am screwed. A few bad make it worse for all the good people, now my shop no longer take CC over the phone , period. You know I guess the handshake days is over,sad times in America. You know I have a great database of consumers, shoot, I have probably 50 CC on file that pay as we repair. I will continue with that although the walk of the street guy unless a referral is stopping. This world has a lot of crooked people in it. "GUYS BEWARE"

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By DUFRESNES
      Up to a couple of months ago, we would ask each customer debit or credit.  If they ran a debit, they put i their pin and there wasn't a signature line.  If it  ran it as a credit, they didn't have to put their pin in and they would sign.  Why you ask if this such a big deal.  It means about 400.00 more a month.  A debit card no matter the amount of the sale, it was .25 if it was run as a credit it is a percentage such as 1.78% - 2.5%  I have been on the phone to Key Bank and to 1st Data, emails and etc.  Nobody knows anything about what could have happened except to say that is the way Visa wants it.   I have said do you suppose there will be a class action.  Just one more way to make money for our credit card charges.  According to the people in charge nobody else has this problem but me.  Funny thing Saturday I was at the plant store and I have a Visa Credit Card and it asked me debit or credit. 
    • By slowtech
      I have been watching my cc fees go up. Add to that the pci compliance hassle. Does anyone have a good cc processing service?
    • By Tyler Rice
      We currently pay 2.5% in credit processing fees. Is this average rate or does this seem high?
    • By sparkerauto
      hey guys, I have a question right now I'm paying about $600-$700 in credit card possessing fees threw my company. that's based on 30k in sales. Is this high? Anyone use a company that they would suggest? thank you in advance !
    • By lakesidetire
      Ok guys how is the best way to not eat some of our hard work when a credit card or debit card is handed to us and the counter when we're getting paid. I love cash but I don't see it as much as I used to . I don't care for checks any more since I've been burned in the past. And now on my jobs that are hundred and some over a thousand this takes a bite out of my profit. How are you dealing with this and how are you explaining it to your customers so they don't get upset?

Thanks for the help
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors