• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.
tirengolf

Credit Card Fraud " Beware of This"

First time in 40 years I got my 1st credit card fraud case. Guy calls my assistant wanted tire price, he gives price, guy says you take CC over the phone, company is paying for tires , I know almost all my customers, guy calls back wants tires , my assistant ask a few questions they cut a deal. Ok here is where I would have got suspicious. 1- guy wants a odd size tire 2- the guy that comes to pick up is not the name of the guy he said was coming. 3- The guy carries the tires out. Ding, Ding, Ding. This assistant has been with me for 17 years, great guy, did not get all the info on CC although he got the 3 digit code. This had warning bells all over it to me. The card goes through , no big deal. Now month later we get charge back. I call my CC provider . I am screwed. A few bad make it worse for all the good people, now my shop no longer take CC over the phone , period. You know I guess the handshake days is over,sad times in America. You know I have a great database of consumers, shoot, I have probably 50 CC on file that pay as we repair. I will continue with that although the walk of the street guy unless a referral is stopping. This world has a lot of crooked people in it. "GUYS BEWARE"

• Like 1