Quantcast

Need info Installing Rear Camera

Water Proof And Self Adhesive

Ill look up the actual brand and info but we have installed the hardwired ones and the wireless ones. Like anything, the more you spend the better you get. Most attach to the license plate or we drill and install them into the bumper. Wireless is nice and pretty straight forward. Placement of the LCD screen is key and making it look clean and not mickey mouse is the hardest part. From what I've read of your posts I know you don't do mickey mouse lol. I've gotten kits from Pep Boys (decent but nothing special) and Napa. I don't know if there is an OEM kit, depends on what year the Highlander is, but I would assume anything factory would be expensive, and since there are so many aftermarket set ups, there really is no reason.

• 2 weeks later...

does he have factory navigation ?

because some aftermarket kits you wire with reverse light and it by-passes the image from the navigation unit to the screen.

if no navi, aftermarket complete kit is needed. but sorry i never installed in Highlander (so i have no cue to give to you on where/how to mount the screen)