Quantcast

Smoky Hill Auto - One of the Top 20 Applicants

pI have been diligently reading through all the material the top schools have sent in.nbsp; I wanted to share this from Brian Manley and Scott Seperich, automotive instructors at Smoky Hill High School.nbsp; I found it to be inspirational to me, and I hope you draw inspiration from it as well!/ppquot;I am proud to have the opportunity to apply for the second annual TT/CP School of the Year Award.nbsp; In the pages that follow you will facts, figures and photos about our Automotive Training Program here at Smoky Hill High School.nbsp; We have collected recommendation letters, copied certificates, reproduced photos and rifled through file folders to produce what is in the pages of this binder, all with the goal of showing what we do well here in our school.nbsp; /ppI have to say that, after undertaking this lengthy process for the second year, I have a renewed definition of what we quot;doquot; here as instructors and as a program that serves our communitynbsp; We are here to help our students lead happpy, productive and fulfilling lives, and we are here to show them the steps to get them there through smart choices and by pursuing post-secondary education.nbsp; that may sound simple enough, and I am reminded of this fact while reading what others had to say about our program, and how students feel about their experience while attending our program./ppI am heartened by the fact that what we do as instructors seems to have a profound and far-reaching positive impact on thenbsp;lives of so many young people, and that is what makes my job so incredible.nbsp; This process of applying for your award has helped to re-connect us with some former students, and has enhanced some of the connections that we have in our community, and that makes our program that much stronger.nbsp; Alumni from our program have completed apprenticeships, graduated from Automotive Associate and Bachelor Degree programs and are now employed all overnbsp;our country through various companies.nbsp; this is the legacy that I am most proud of.quot;/ppThis is just the first page of their application!/pp11/pimg src="http://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/cs/aggbug.aspx?PostID=489" width="1" height="1"

View More

Flash Sale + Social Proof

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      As a former auto shop owner, one of the things that kept me up at night was not knowing enough about all the labor laws and human resource regulations.  
      How do you keep up with all the changes to the labor laws and human resource regulations in your state? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      Guest Host and Avocado Farm Tour with Rena Rennebohm, Owner of Casa Cielo Farms and CEO of Empowered Advisor. Find out how avocados relate to our industry.
      Rena Rennebohm, CEO and Creator of Empowered Advisor. Listen to Rena’s previous episodes HERE.
      Key Talking Points 
      Rena and Nate have 854 avocado trees- analyze soil and leaves every 6 months Nurturing an avocado like you would a customer Streamlining the processes and procedures and making sure everyone has the same process Avocados don't ripen while they are on a tree- once the stem is cut they start ripening. Try to find an avocado with a stem or pit on when choosing at a grocery store. CasaCieloFarms  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Eric Roberts
      Firstly let me say that I an just a regular guy from the UK who is the owner of a seven bay service centre/garage. I am not a financial expert. The dreaded inflation is upon us again. For the guys as old as me then this is nothing new. Back in the 70,s we had 15% inflation, but we all got by and lived for better trading days. Here in the UK we have always looked up to the USA because of your business prowess. So what do you guys look out as your worst enemy!
      When prices are going up then I find that the gap opens between rich and the poor's disposable income. So this question will effect garage owners in different areas. My garage is in a poor area with many immigrant families who drive cars. So this means we have to be more flexible with pricing. Finding out if your customer can afford that service ! For this reason we devised a three tier service pricing structure. This has also the effect of not loosing your profit margins. 
      The lowest price should include an oil and filter change and a general vehicle check over. This way we find the customer will perhaps be able to afford a service and your profit margins wont drop. This is just one small idea that we carry out! What do you guys do in these times of high inflation ? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      The word OSHA makes many shop owners cringe. 
      I was lucky enough years back to have my insurance agent suggest I perform a voluntary OSHA inspection. A private company did it at the time.   
      They found tons of violations; some we knew would be flagged, but most we did not. 
      Have you ever had an OSHA inspection? And what can shop owners do to protect themselves? 
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By Joe Marconi
      According to studies from Northwestern, Birdeye, and other companies, people are most influenced by reviews with an average rating of 4.2 to 4.5 stars out of 5 — making this the ideal average star rating for purchase probability.
      Having all 5-star Google reviews can work against you.  People may not trust a company with all 5-star reviews. No business is perfect, and you cannot please everyone. Also, people make mistakes.
      Having negative reviews is not the end of the world, in fact, it may actually help your business. 
      Thoughts? Comments? 

• Our Sponsors