Quantcast

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

Do You Have a Customer Avatar? – Daniel Griffith [RR 756]

Daniel Griffith, Wally's Precision Auto Care, Las Vegas, NV

Key Talking Points

• Finding, identifying, and connecting with the ideal customer and naming them (Jennifer and Clara)- what books are they reading? Who are they following on social media? What are their expectations? 
  • Build out each phase of the customer experience process, and look at the highs and lows
  • What parts of the process are easy and what parts are hard? Simplify that down as much as possible
  • If something's not working, change it. It's that simple
  • Hiring new employees- asked his current employees what they like about their job, then used their words on the job descriptions
  • “Culture eats strategies for breakfast.”
  • The average tenure of his current team is over 12 years

Connect with the Podcast:

Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube

Visit us on the Web

Follow on Facebook

Become an Insider

Buy me a coffee

Important Books

Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.

Shop-Ware-Call-To-Action-Graphic-v3.png

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

ARN-Website-Banner-1200x400-1.png

Screenshot_340.png

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

Shop AutoPartsToys.com for all Your Car, Truck and SUV Accessories at Direct Factory Warehouse Pricing

Shop AutoPartsToys.com for all Your Car, Truck and SUV Accessories at Direct Factory Warehouse Pricing

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      With all the different makes and models these days, and the complexity of modern vehicles, is it still possible to work on all makes and all models? To add to that, we now have to contend with electric cars. 
      Are we heading to more specialization? How do auto repair shops evolve their business model and their target customers? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      Guest host and shop tour with Danielle Vila, Red Rock Repair, Las Vegas, NV. How has Danielle's team maintained 30% growth over the last 3 years while being located in an automotive repair complex?
      Danielle Vila, Red Rock Repair, Las Vegas, NV. Danielle's previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      Located in a complex that was developed 20 years ago- only area that is zoned for automotive repair, sandwiched between other repair shops Occupy 2 spaces- originally designed to be two separate shops. Limited space with parking. Not able to do pick up service/car wash etc. How can you still have a customer experience? Clean, smells clean, waiting area, snacks and coffee (also available to vendors). Only shop in complex that has a break room for employees.  New customer orientation- discuss what they can expect  Growing every year by 30% the last 3 years  Labor rates General $150, Diesel $190, Custom and Classic $200  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

• By carmcapriotto
      Why is understanding the psychographics of your ideal customer so important to your business? Why it is important to understand who your ideal customer is?  My panel discusses the importance of building relationships with customers that see the value in your business.  Watch the Episode on YouTube
      Joe Marconi, Executive Council Member, Elite Worldwide. Auto Shop Owner. Joe’s Episodes HERE.
      Marty Long, Hills & Dales AutoCare Inc, Canton, OH
      Bryan Lagas, Principal, Speedsport Tuning, Danbury, CT
      Key Talking Points
      Mass merchandising vs. target marketing- why this is important for shop owners Make marketing unique- not your average paper ads Being active in the community in a memorable way. Reinforce your brand. You can’t be everything to everyone  FORD- family, occupation, recreations, dreams Building relationships with the customers that see the value in your business Psychographics- what are your customers involved with? Read? Listen to? Values? Lifestyle? What’s in their backseat? Their network is also your target audience Culture- connecting with customers and building relationships. The quality of the interactions  Who are the 20% of your active customers? “What’s important to me and the customer?” it’s not always about the money The ease of the transaction- your ideal customer that has been with your shop 20 20 years but isn't the demographic of your ideal customer is still your ideal customer. Don’t box yourself in.
      Connect with the Podcast Aftermarket Radio Network Subscribe on YouTube Visit us on the Web Follow on Facebook Become an Insider Buy me a coffee Important Books Check out today's partners: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com
    • By Joe Marconi
      According to Kelly Blue Book, new car prices hit an average of $48,000.  Will auto repair shops see a surge in business, as consumers choose to keep their old cars, rather than purchase a new car? 

• Grammarly Writing Support
    • By Joe Marconi
      I will never forget the day when a customer, who didn't like the price, took cash out of his pocket, crumbled up the cash, and threw the money at me. 
      This customer clearly crossed the line, in my opinion. 
      Before I tell the rest of this "true" story, I would like to hear from you: How would you have handled this situation? 

• Our Sponsors