Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
D-H Auto Ckinic

Nissan Frontier with U1001 error code

Good Day,

A customer brought in a Nissan Frontier with issue of car unable to shift into reverse gear. Diagnostic Scan result shows 13 error code for engine and 3 for Transmission. Wiring harness of all components and testing of the components shows everything is OK. Car idles at above 1000RPM with realtime TP Sensor showing between 0.8% - 1.2%.

Of concern is the U1001 error code. Could the ECM be the culprit?

Right now, car shift into reverse when car is restarted. There is also hard shift into forward gears. What are my options?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By bantar
      We are upgrading this tool to the latest MaxiSys Ultra.  This 2.5 year old Elite is looking for a new home.  Has a current subscription and the hardware is under warranty as long as the subscription is maintained (renews in December).  Only thing I know about is that the battery life has shortened since new.  Scuffs in picture are on the screen protector that we never removed.  Listing this one at $1849 shipped.   I saw a similar one recently sell on Ebay for $2K.    (NOTE:  This unit is not a Chinese knock-off also seen on Ebay).

• By Joe Marconi
      The governor of California last week proposed a ban on all internal combustion vehicles by the year 2035.  A very aggressive move that the EPA is questioning if this is even legal.  We all know that the electric vehicle will make an impact in the future, but with the overwhelming of cars being build and sold in the next decade, how practical is the proposed ban? 
      Your thoughts on this? 
      Here's a article from Motor Trend: 
      https://www.motortrend.com/news/california-ban-gas-diesel-executive-order-newsom/
    • By Joe Marconi
      With so many uncertainties these days, there is one strategy that we can all do that will help to smooth out our overall sales and customer visits throughout the year.   Make sure the experience is always amazing during the entire customer visit. And perform the car delivery that gives the customer a reason to return.
      Here's the key part before any customer leaves your shop: Make sure you discuss their next service appointment and any other future recommendation.  Let them know that they will get a reminder by either post card, email or text.  BUT, there is one more thing you can do to boost your customer retention, get permission from your customer to call them a week prior to their next appointment.  Yes, give them a phone call.  Try it, and give it time to work.
      Oh....won't work, you're thinking??? Well, here's list of businesses that do it: Dentists, doctors, nail salons, hair dressers, chimney cleaners, boiler service companies and Successful Auto Repair shops. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      NEWS BREAK: Workers at a Mavis Discount Tire shop falsified records to make it look as if they completed brake work on a limousine before it crashed and killed 20 in Schoharie, New York, last year, when in actuality the work was never performed, according to the shop's former manager.
      Below is a link to the article:
      https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/10/09/new-york-limo-crash-mavis-discount-tire-shop-falsified-brake-records/3920945002/
    • By Joe Marconi
      We all know the expression, "The Customer is always right." But is that really true?
      The other day a customer walked over to my tech and starting to scream at him for failing the NY State annual inspection. 
      I intervened and told the customer to stop and get away from my employee. I also told him that I would not tolerate anyone yelling and screaming at one of my employees. 
      Should I have been more "reserved" and try to defuse the situation?  Should I have "politely" listened to the customer's issue?
      Have you been in this position and what would you do? 

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors