For me it was just a death by a thousands cuts type thing. It seemed like every time I used it I wrote down 10 things that either didn't work or that weren't very intuitive. Just messing with the demo it looked good but when I signed up and started to try and use it for a full job start to finish the flaws were quick to show. It's been a few weeks now and I threw out the notes but here was one of lists I emailed them and what they responded with. Actually by phone later when I called because I didn't get response to the email. This was just one of several calls with similar results for other little issues.
1. When creating a quote the customer's info gets pulled in but not their e-mail address so I have to close the quote to go to the customer file and get the address to send the quote. Then there's no where to add a message to the quote. -A- We know the quote system isn't fully functional and are working on it.
2. When building a quote our stock parts aren't being included in the search so we end up duplicating parts. -A- No real answer
3. I can't find anywhere to make changes to what is shown on quotes or parts sales invoices (ie - turn off part numbers, show discounts etc) -A- Again, quotes aren't fully functional yet.
4. When I get an e-signature I get two emails telling me it was signed but that doesn't change anything in the system to accepted. It says it will show in the printed history on the invoice but I don't see a printed history on the invoice. -A- You just have to go in and manually update the status. Getting the approval via email changes nothing in the system.
5. Honestly the quote system seems unusable as it is so I end up creating ROs for estimates but there seems to be no way to delete or void out an RO so they are stuck in my WIP screen even if they are declined. -A- Yeah most people just use the R/O for quotes. They can be deleted though. (I tried that and they didn't go away. Also left a gap in the R/O numbering)
As I noted above I also had trouble with the PO system since adding the parts to an R/O didn't actually create a PO or any other notification that there were parts that needed to be ordered for the job. They said if it was a job specific part and didn't need to be inventoried there was no need to mess with the PO system. I didn't really see any difference when I set them to Inventory Part with 0 for low stock. MaxxTraxx I just set everything as inventory and when I close an R/O it yells at me to order parts in until I tell it to quit or get the parts here. If it's a really oddball, never to be used again part I can just create a quick part and it doesn't save it anywhere but that's rare.
Basically for a custom shop like ours there was just too many little things that didn't work. It may be great if you do the same type of work over and over and have the stock parts on the shelf or if you don't do a lot of custom quoting for people. Just my experience. MaxxTraxx is still flawed for what we do also but it's much more customizable. Unfortunately it is tied to the PC workstation and isn't cloud based which is why I have been looking at others to begin with.