Quantcast

Reminder Letter / Phone Call

Curious if anyone has a procedure for reaching out to customers who haven't returned to your shop in a while. Maybe they came in for an oil change, and check engine light diagnosis, or oil leak issue. They had the work performed, but you never hear from them again (outside of maybe a follow up call). Does anyone have a letter template they maybe send out after 6 months or whatever time period if the customer hasn't returned? Do you include a coupon for an oil change, or percentage off? This doesn't necessarily need to be for recommendations made on the last visit, just trying to get them back in the shop.

How are you guys handling this, or do you bother at all?

I have been debating this myself. I use email marketing for this but if you don't have enough emails this doesn't work. I am also starting to use postcards to remind people. We will see what happens. I have considered paying someone to just make the "cold" calls and follow up with them. I don't have the time to do this but if you had someone good on the phone that you could just pay to do it for you it might be worth the time and money. In fact I thought about someone independant from me so that I would be able to get some honest feedback if I did something wrong to make them mad.