Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
CAautogroup

Quick Lube Owners

Hello,

We are curently expanding our quick lube due to high demand. I would like to know how other quick lube owners go about running their shops and their daily routines.

Do you charge extra for cartridge oil filters, removing skid/cover plates, etc, waste removal/shop fee? What are your procedures in place for upselling? Do you take the customer out to the vehicle? Speak with them in the waiting area? We currently have a program in place, sort of a check list that we go thru to ensure every item is checked visiually. We also document our findings in our programs to avoid any future problems (i.e. the CEL was on before we serviced the vehicle,etc).

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions in advance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      As shop owners, we sometimes feel that we need to answer every question and handle every situation. While you need to be proficient as a business owner, you also need your employees to think for themselves. 

Empower your people to solve problem.  Ask them for their opinions and don’t be too quick to jump in on every situation.  The more you jump in and solve their problems, the more they will rely on you. This is not to say you don’t have their back; but a team functions best when everyone takes ownership of their position and takes responsibility to take care of problems.

Will employees make mistakes? Yes.  But there isn’t a shop owner on this planet that has a perfect record at making decisions.  We all make mistakes.

As a shop owner; teach, mentor and coach.  Include your employees in on decisions that relate to their job position.  When employees feel you trust them, they will begin to solve their own problems. This will set you free to work on the things that will bring you greater success.

• By Joe Marconi
      There's a time to work, and there's a time to relax a bit. We are in the middle of a three- day weekend; Labor Day. The very name Labor Day should make us all think about how hard we work all year long.  We need balance in our lives. We need time with friends and family.  So, take a break and recharge your batteries this holiday weekend. It will do you a world of good.  Trust me, the business will be there after the weekend is over. 
      Happy Labor Day Weekend!

• By Joe Marconi
      In my 38 year business career, it has always been an issue with summer vacations.  We want our employees to enjoy life, but the summer is our busiest time. What are shop owners doing to maintain production, while balancing vacation time?

• By Joe Marconi
      Last week I was at a resort with family and the grandkids.  We had a great time and it was a much-needed vacaction. 
      For one day, I did it....I left my cell phone in the hotel room safe.  It was not easy, and we all know how addicted we all are to our phones and laptops.
      The day passed and guess what?  Nothing urgent happened.  And if it did, I need to put trust in the people I employ that all will be taken care of.
      So, the question is: Can shop owners truly ever unplug from the outside world?   

• By Stevens Automotive Service
      How many of you have a four bay shop ?
      If you do how many techs do you have ?
      What is your average sales weekly , monthly ?
      What do you spend in advertising ?
      What was your sales in 2017 ?
      I am using this shop as a guide for those who would like to follow and see real time progress.
      For those interested just answer the questions so you and I can see what your strong points and if and where you may have areas for improvement.   
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors