Quantcast

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By tirengolf
      I have a couple young techs that have been with me for 4 to 6 years. I am in the Panhandle of Florida. I am looking for some training classes, other than the Snap-on, Napa pizza parties. I would like to get them away a few days for some knowledgeable with general info and basic training, I am just not aware of any in the Southeastern USA. Thanks Guys  
    • By mmotley
      Curious how others are keeping track of technician productivity. Is it something built into your shop management software that you are able to run a report on? Do you have a simple equation you run at the end of the week or month? Are you having guys punch a time clock? Do you even track productivity? If you do, do you mind sharing what your productivity numbers are? And do the fluctuate much?
    • By spencersauto
      Those shops doing courtesy inspections how much time are you paying your tech's to do the inspection? I've read on some forums anywhere from .30-.50. I am attaching a link to one of our courtesy inspections to give you an idea of what we check during our inspection process. Also, what do you pay the technicians for oil change & rotations each?
      http://2un.me/1ibws
    • By Bspencer4
      Does anybody know of any bilingual technician training programs or classes in the Phoenix area?
    • By TallmadgeTire
      I'm curious to hear about pay structures out there that are successful.  We pay all of our techs hourly, regardless of what is billed, and then offer a bonus program based on productivity each week.  Ie, they bill 60% of the time they were paid for, they get $xx additional dollars per hour, bill 70%, get $x, bill 80%, get $x etc etc.
      Anyone have any pay structures that are working well for them that they would want to share?  I've debated flat rate, but not sure how other non-billable tasks would get handled - ie unloading tire deliveries, cleaning up the shop, shuttling customers, etc.  
      Our current structure seems difficult for the techs to track, so I'm hoping to simplify as well as motivate them.  
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors