Quantcast

quinn49

NJ Next Generation Emissions Inspection

State of NJ gearing up for the end of Parsons contract may be using Ezpass for emmission inspection!

ERG is going to look at all possibilities for the Next Generation Emissions Inspection Program. The options include:

1). Keep the present hybrid system we have now, utilizing both Central Inspection Facilities (CIFs) and Private Inspection Facilities (PIFs).

2). Move to a PIF ONLY system and eliminate CIFs, and sell the real estate that the CIFs presently occupy.

3). Move to a CIF only system and eliminate PIFs, (which is extremely unlikely).

4). Begin moving to ELECTRONIC style emissions testing that could be performed as easily as motorists driving thru EZ Pass. This could include emissions kiosks where motorists hook up to a computer and perform their own emissions test.

Included is a link to a survey for the new program!

My link

Jim Quinn

JQ Auto

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Recording requirements & special fees in your state. A little survey

I'm just about to settle on a software package to run my shop. I've found looking at a number of them that there are a few that don't seem to tick the basic boxes in information gathering that we as registered repair shops are required by law to do. I'm wondering if this is a New York specific issue or if this issue happens everywhere. Would you guys comment on your state requirements.  I'd like to pass some more information to the software company I'm working with in hopes that they motivate to make some improvements to satisfy these requirements. Example, in NYS we are required to capture a signature or document approval with the customer complaint to begin work on the vehicle before we touch it. We must record mileage when the vehicle enters the shop and when it is finished. We must state the warranty for each item and the terms and time limit for any guarantee on repair work. We have to collect a non taxable $2.50 waste tire management fee for every new tire sold. We have a state safety and emissions inspection that is varies in fee and is non taxable.

By Junior, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 0 replies
    • Hi Y'all...from the Volunteer State!

Hi, I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself.  I am Natalie Spears from Savannah, Tennessee.  My husband, Tommy, and I have a goal to open an auto body shop in the future.  We are spending a lot of time researching EVERYTHING before we take that leap.  I hope to gain a lot of additional knowledge on the business end of things by joining a few forums and getting involved.  Currently, he is working out of our home garage which is not optimal, but is certainly better than nothing.  Like many of you, he was taking things apart and putting them back together before age 10.  He is unbelievably talented and has amazing skills with anything mechanical in nature.  I, on the other hand, will handle the business end of the company.  My background and current profession is bookkeeping so we hope this combination will lead to a successful business partnership.  I look forward to learning great things on here!

By Natalie Spears, in New Member's Area

• 7 replies
    • Courtesy Inspection Technician Pay

Those shops doing courtesy inspections how much time are you paying your tech's to do the inspection? I've read on some forums anywhere from .30-.50. I am attaching a link to one of our courtesy inspections to give you an idea of what we check during our inspection process. Also, what do you pay the technicians for oil change & rotations each? http://2un.me/1ibws

By spencersauto, in General Automotive Discussion

• 13 replies
    • UNDERSTANDING THE NEW GENERATION OF CUSTOMERS

Take a look at this short video on marketing to the new generation. You may find it very interesting ! https://www.concentrix.com/resource/video/we-are-not-all-broke/

By Stevens Automotive Service, in General Automotive Discussion

• 1 reply
    • REGISTRATION OPEN - The Official 2018 State of The Auto Repair Industry Report

The Official 2018 State of The Auto Repair Industry
      The Untold Secrets of How my Underground Group of Car Count Hackers Instantly Fixed Their Car Count, Easily Send Money Making Promotions Immediately and Always Get Raving Reviews from Customers!

By JustTheBest, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 0 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors