Quantcast

Flash Sale + Social Proof

Transmission Shops: Are Highly Modified Vehicles Really Profitable?

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      With all the different makes and models these days, and the complexity of modern vehicles, is it still possible to work on all makes and all models? To add to that, we now have to contend with electric cars. 
      Are we heading to more specialization? How do auto repair shops evolve their business model and their target customers? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      We all know that there's a shortage of workers for mostly all businesses in all industries because of the great resignation. As a shop owner, how are you attracting the best technicians? Are you promoting your culture and the opportunity to work in your business? Wouldn’t it be nice to know what is important to technicians? What are they looking for in a shop, and do you offer it? Jimmy Alauria and Jason Stretch discuss the results of a recent technician survey that might surprise you. And how the value of the survey shapes the ads that attract superstars.
      Jimmy Alauria, 3A Automotive and Diesel Repair, Phoenix, AZ. Jimmy's previous episodes HERE
      Jason Stretch, Legendary Automotive & Truck Service, Fort Myers, FL
      Key Talking Points
      Marketing works when you’re communicating and saying the right things to the right people Getting into the technician's head and find out what they're thinking- utilize the tool trucks and trainers  47% of technicians said their number one goal is to: increase their skills or ability.  20% said the reputation of the shop is what motivated the technician to choose the shop, second at 16% said was the environment of the workplace Technicians were feeling that they should make 60, 80, $120,000 a year, that they should have the skill set that goes along with getting paid that money. Technicians want training- earn to learn Over 70%% want live and in-person training Technicians want a team culture that starts during the hiring process How far are you willing to travel? 20-40 miles FASTT- Florida Automotive Service Technician Training Facebook group. Provides support to technicians. Find the Survey- www.winningautoshops.com  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      Most shop owners I speak to are having banner years. They are as busy as ever and booked with quality, profitable work. 
      With the uncertainty of the economy, will it last? Should shop owners prepare for a downturn? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      According to Kelly Blue Book, new car prices hit an average of $48,000.  Will auto repair shops see a surge in business, as consumers choose to keep their old cars, rather than purchase a new car? 

• Grammarly Writing Support
    • By Joe Marconi
      Before I started my auto repair shop, I worked for a Ford Dealer way back in the late 1970s, and my goal before leaving that dealership was to become an A-rated Master Tech. Their definition, at that time, was that a Tech had to be able to repair everything and anything from bumper to bumper.  Is that definition even possible? Can someone become proficient in every area of automotive service, repair, testing, and diagnosis? 
      About 10 years ago, I hired a technician that grew up in Greece. He was trained in one area of the automotive; Undercar. He was highly skilled in brakes, suspension, steering, wheel alignment, wheel balance, axles any issues or problems related to undercar. He was the best in his class, and I considered him an A-rated Master tech....in that area.
      With technology changing at light speed these days. Is it time for techs to specialize or narrow their scope of skills? 

• Our Sponsors