Quantcast

Are you Preparing Electric Cars?

Joe Marconi

There is a lot of talk these days about the Electric Cars, and no doubt they will become more and more accepted during the next few years.

All car makers are investing big bucks into EV's and battery technology.  While we are a ways away from EVs becoming mainstream, what are your plans to prepare for this? How do think the EV will change our business model? 

Thoughts? 

/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      Advancing the Aftermarket. Of late there has been a lot of dialogue around my circles about being paid for the value you give and bring to your customer. I recently saw a survey of shops whose sales averaged $750,000 yet their net operating profit was only 2%. That is only a $15,000 average net operating income before tax. This troubling stat begs the question: How do you continue to invest in the business and even provide a living wage for you and your team at that level of profit? 98.9% of shop owners that I asked about raising their labor rate told me that they were the one who was most affected by the change. (their hesitancy and the pressure is all unjust)
      Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode is segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show: Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email Join the Ecosystem – Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE. Buy me a coffee  
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      One of the thing that has been brought to the forefront during this employee-shortage era, is the fact that we need to increase the pay salaries of the average technician and service advisor.  In my opinion, we need to increase the pay for entry level people also. Other industries have done, we must also. 
      If we are to attract quality people and retain who we have employed, we need to address this issue now. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      With so many baby boomer shop owners retiring, there is great opportunity for shop owners looking to add new locations. In addition, there are many shop owners that have not survived the COVID crises.   
      Is anyone looking to open new locations?  If so, it would be interesting to hear your strategy and the reasons why.
      Oh, if you are wondering If I am thinking about expanding. The answer is no.  I had three locations, down to one now, and I am close to announcing exciting news very soon. So Stay Tuned.

• By carmcapriotto
      Advancing the Aftermarket. We have amazingly smart people in our industry. If anyone would ever say that the independent automotive aftermarket is made up of car fix hobbyists who just want to fix cars, partially true but you and I know better we are working hard to run great businesses, employ top people and keep the transportation needs of our customers safe and reliable. Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode is segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show: Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email Join the Ecosystem – Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE. Buy me a coffee   Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a big proponent of understanding your numbers, and the need for bottom line profit.  However, we can sometimes get side-tracked by focusing too much on the numbers and not enough on people. 
      I have seen time and time again with struggling shops that have their numbers dialed in properly but can't achieve their goals, and the reason all too often is their culture.
      Focus on people. Find out what's important to them. Your employees have dreams and goals. Find out what they are. Align their goals with company goals. 
      When an employee sees that by achieving company goals, they can achieve their own goals, then you have the right culture and a powerful team. 

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Joe Marconi
      I have been following the Hybrid Shop for some time now, and it really does intrigue me. You buy into a franchise agreement and become part of a growing network of dealers dedicated to work on Hybrids, particularly in the area of restoring and reconditioning the main batteries.

These battery packs can cost anywhere from 3 to $9,000 at the dealer. With their proven process, they bring the cost down to around $1500. Plus, you get the potential to get all the other work from these Hybrid customers.

They are selective in who their grant their dealer agreements with and the cost for program is around $69,000.

I would like to ask everyone their opinions on this concept. It appears it is taking off.

Heres a link for more information

http://www.thehybridshop.com
  • Our Sponsors