Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Joe Marconi

SBA Loans and PPP may have tax implications!

I am not accountant and I do not know the tax laws in every state, but it is important that you meet with your accountant way before the end of the year if you received and used an SBA or PPP Loan.  Loans used to pay bills may not be used as a deduction on your tax return, and may result in increased taxes. Again, DO NOT TAKE MY ADVISE as an accountant.

I plan on meeting my accountant in October to review all the tax implications for my 2020 Tax return. 

AND, the SBA may change rulings, so stay informed and seek professional guidance. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      From as far back as I can remember, labor has always been an issue. As and industry, we have struggled to get paid properly for the work we do.  And those shops that understand how critical labor is, are the shops that have done quite well.  
      In today's auto repair shop world; Getting the right labor dollars is no longer a buzz topic or debate- Labor dollars will be the salvation of your business. Labor translates into profit, and will also allow you to build for the future and to attract the quality people we need in our industry. 
      If you don't know what your labor should be, you need to find out.  Don't call ABC Auto, down the street to ask him. The odds are he did not do the math. Plus his expenses are not the same as yours.
      Depending on what you pay your techs, your overhead, and knowing your numbers will determine your labor rate.  I can tell you that there are shops that are paying techs a very good wage and those shops are getting $135 to $150 per hour, and more.  That is not a typo.  And there are shops that have multi-tier rates. So, for Diag and labor jobs that have no parts associated with the repair, their labor is much higher than their standard labor.  It's fair, it's honest and it's time we all raise the bar. 
      Please, do the math, get help and make sure your labor is right for your shop. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      Most of you probably already know what I am about to say:  The Service Advisor position is the most crucial position in the shop.  I know, I know, what about the mechanical work done by the techs?  Well, that's important too, of course. 
      For the most part, customers spend their hard-earned money and most of time don't really know or see what was done to their car.  Let's face it, the customer can't see the water pump or T-belt. And most of the time, the customer does not feel any difference with the car as they drive out of your parking lot. 
      What the customer does see (or experience) is how she was treated.  And that makes all the difference in the world.
      Plus, great service advisors also motivate the technicians, because great advisors are also great leaders of people. 
      Think about this...Six months from now, your customer will not remember the fuel injection relay or the mass air sensor that was replaced....but she WILL remember how she was treated. 
      And trust me, that OE-quality fuel injection relay install by a certified A-level Master tech using Snap On tools and a Launch Scanner IS NOT the reason WHY your customers return to you....She returns because of the level of service your provide.

• By Joe Marconi
      If you received an SBA PPP loan, you need to contact your bank/lender to find out specific information regarding loan forgiveness. Because banks and lending institutions handled the PPP loan, a specific bank may require different information. 
      I just viewed an hour and half video from my bank about the PPP Loan forgiveness applications, and it was a little overwhelming.  For me, I will seek outside help with this. 
      Just perform your due diligence. 
      Any feedback from anyone would be appreciated.  
    • By Mark Johnson
      Shop owners, if you are having problems with cash flow due to the Coronavirus or even if you are not feeling the effects yet. It is always a good idea to make preparations to have enough cash on hand.
      With that said, the government has allocated 8 Billion to assist business owners affected by COVID-19 by offering SBA disaster loans and I am helping shop owners with filing their applications. Please see my article for more info.

• By Joe Marconi
      I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and the very best in 2017!

I also want to take this time to thank all of our amazing members for making AutoShopOwner.com the number 1 go-to auto shop business forums website on the planet!

Joe Marconi

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors