Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Sign in to follow this  
Gonzo

Article: Hillbilly Hoedown -- another oldie-revised a bit

HillBilly HoeDown 

“Time for an old fashion sing-a-long. 
You know the tune, now sing it like you know 
you do when you’re in the shower!"

Come on now… you can do it!

First a little Banjo pickin’ … ya got it… OK
Here we go….
---------------------------------------------------------

Come listen to my story about a man named Jess
          A do it yerself guy who kept his car 
          a mess

Then one day while in a tinkerin’ mood . . . 
         Out from the engine came a bubblin' crude . . .

Oil that is, .  . .  black gold, . . .Texas tea

The next thing ya know Ol’ Jess ain’t thinkin’ clear
          Kin folk said, Jess move that car out a here!

Said a mechanic place is where you ought to be
         So he hauled the ol’ car to the facil-i-ty

Repair shop that is, spinnin’ tools, movin’ tires

Now with all the repairs done, Ol' Jess can get back
          He's pritnear giddy not having to be towed…

Ol’ Jess says he ain't workin' on his own car no more!
         He reckons it'd be easier just to come thru the lobby door….

Front door of the repair shop that is, no tow trucks, no home repairs.

Ol' Jess yelled out, "Car repair ain't the place fer me!"
        “Workin' on ur own jalopy ain't like it used to be.”

Said, “These here cars, are too complex for me these days”  
         “It takes a heap of schoolin’ just to fix em’ anyways.”

Trainin’ that is, conventions, classes, and OJT. 

Ol’ Jess refers our shop to all his family and his friends,
         They're so glad that he ain't fixin' cars no more 
          and mention it time and time again.

But, now it’s time say goodbye, to Jess and all his kin. 
        We’d like to thank you folk fer kindly droppin in. 

You're all invited back again to this here locality 
        To have a heapin helpin of our wrenchin’ abilities 

Auto repair that is.  Engines, Transmissions, Brakes, and more…

Y'all come back now, ya'hear?

A little more Banjo and repeat the first verse.  
Alright!  Ya done well Y’all! ! !  

View full article

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      We, automotive shop owners of America,  must take the opportunity of a lifetime and turn it into a bunch of success stories. What opportunity?  Look around you. The world is in turmoil. COVID-19, social unrest, uncertainty about the presidential election, the economy, how are we going to get out kids back to school, on and on and on.
      While the world is spiraling out of control, we have the power to make big changes to our auto repair shops.  And it can all be positive! 
      The Opportunity...
      First, the average age of a car in the U.S. is about 12 years old, attaining well over 200k on the clock. 
      Second, Uber, taxis and limo companies are suffering.  Guess why?  
      Third, the motoring public in the foreseeable future will be traveling by car, taking road trips like they have never did before.
      Fourth, the roads are packed with motor vehicles, as more and more people prefer their own car as their primary means of transportation. 
      Fifth, as the cars get older and older, more of them will be out of factory warranty.
      Sixth, independent auto repair shops have a vast amount of training, resources and replacement parts.
      Seventh,  the overwhelming majority of cars being build and sold today are still internal combustion engine powered cars. If you factor in the expected average age of car these days, we can safely bet that those gas engine cars being sold today will still be on the road in 2033 and beyond! 
      Eight, You need more?  That's not enough! 
      Get your plan in place.  Get your prices in line with making a profit. Don't give anything away anymore (I am mostly referring to checking, testing, diags of any sort!) Offer world class customer service. Be a leader of your employees.  Show the world what you are made of! 
    • By Joe Marconi
      For many of us, it's been a wild ride the past few months. We had to take care of everything, making tough decisions, dealing with banks and the SBA and running the shop from the trenches. But, with things looking better each day, it’s time that we get back into the role of building and operating the company. 
      For many, the COVID-19 crisis is far from over.  However, the sooner we begin to adjust and build for the future, the better off we will be.
      Shop Owners are among the hardest working people on the planet. We find ways to get through the most difficult situations. I have no doubt that the lesson’s learned from this crisis will make us stronger and more successful.
    • By hello5555
      I currently employ a mechanic and friend who has been with me for about 20 years. He was formerly a transmission rebuilder, but we have switched to mostly reman units and have no need for a rebuilder. His pay has remained the same despite his value declining. I am currently paying him roughly $100,000 a year. The problem i'm having is that his skill set is not near that pay level anymore. He does light diagnostic and basic managerial work, but I am not confident enough for him to run the shop for more than an hour. With the current state of the industry our numbers have gone down a bit over the last two years. While still being profitable, I can't help but think about the extra income that would be available by terminating this employee, I just dont know how to do it. Any advice on how to do this? I like him as a person and have known him a very long time, but I feel his is paid about twice as much as he is worth. Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.
    • By Joe Marconi
      Shop owners, you have a little less than two months before the end of the year.  And that means it's time to start thinkning about your Tax Planning for 2019. Don't procrastinate on this. Meet with accountant. Review the year, review profit.  Consider things such as major equipmenet purchases and other major investments you made in 2019.  Look at bottom line profit and determine if you set aside enough cash to pay your taxes come April 15, 2020.  
      One thing, Cash is King, So, before you purhase any major equipment before the end of the year, listen to your accoutant, not the Tool Sales-person.  In many cases, it's better to pay some tax and hold on to cash for a rainy day. 
      A little planning now will save you big time in 2020, and also help you sleep better! 

• By Ron Ipach
      Brand New LIVE Workshop for Auto Repair Shop Owners.
      ...I've got to tell you I'm super excited because I just created the final details on this brand new Live Workshop that I'm going to be offering tomorrow at Noon EST
      [ Register here for free: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/4815585386172/WN__Vh527KXQPSAmM8P97M0jw ]
      I'm going to be covering the three most important things that you could ever do in your shop. These are the three things that the top shop owners are doing and they've mastered this and that's the sole reason why they are, well, BETTER than everybody else.
      [ Register here for free: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/4815585386172/WN__Vh527KXQPSAmM8P97M0jw ]
      It's the best training I'd say I've probably done in the 23 years that I've been doing this. So I'm super excited. I want you to join me go down below this video, click the button and I'll see you on the live training.

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors