Quantcast
    • You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
tirengolf

Employee Uniforms

Hope everyone is having good week with great sales. I am in the process of renegotiating my employee’s uniform contract. It is sorta the same old thing start low then get higher. Could I get some feedback on how you guys are handling this. I have looked at buying uni’s for my guys. In my area it is expensive and they do not want to update my guys. Just lchecking some ideas . Thanks guys. David

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      By Bob Cooper
      We all know that these incredibly challenging times are impacting businesses and people all around the world. To help maximize your shop's sales and profits in the face of these difficulties, here are 3 simple and cost-free tips that you and your service advisors can start implementing today. 
      1. Pick up the phone and call your customers. However, this is not a sales call and shouldn't involve discussion about the customer's vehicle. Rather, this is a chance for you to check in on your customers and their families, let them know you are thinking about them, and offer to help in any way you can. By giving them a call and speaking from your heart, you are showing your customer that you not only care about their well-being, but that your company truly values people over profit. 
      2. Set up call forwarding during your commute to and from work. By having incoming calls forwarded to your cell phone rather than to the shop's voicemail during your drive to and from the shop, you are essentially extending your hours and allowing more customers to reach you if they are in need. There may only be a couple of calls that come in during these times, but it can make a world of difference for those calling customers. 
      3.  Adjust your 2020 sales and car count goals so that they are broken down to daily targets, and track these daily goals in a descending manner. Instead of feeling discouraged if your shop is far from reaching a monthly or weekly goal, having daily sales and car count goals will allow you and your advisors to look at each morning as a brand new opportunity to accomplish the goals for the day. 
      Tracking these daily goals using a descending method helps your team focus on what they still have left to accomplish, and motivates them to reach the targeted numbers. For example, if your daily car count goal is 10 cars, and 7 cars have come in, a descending method of tracking will have your advisors saying, "We only have 3 cars left to meet our goal!" rather than, "We've had 7 cars come in so far." When I first began coaching, my average client saw a 15% increase in sales just by making this simple switch from an ascending to a descending method of tracking goals, so this tip is sure to help! 
      For additional help increasing your shop’s sales, learn more about Elite’s Online Masters Service Advisor Sales Training, or give us a call at 800-204-3548. 

View full article
    • By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      Complimentary Webinar - Handling Staffing and Unemployment Issues During COVID-19

Guidance from Top Employment Experts 
      We know how difficult it has been for shop owners to navigate through the employment issues that have come with COVID-19, so we decided that we needed to help. Elite has arranged for SESCO Management Consultants, the top experts in HR and Employment Law when it comes to auto repair shops, to hold a special session to help shop owners through the greatest COVID-19 employment challenges. 

In light of what the industry is going through, we've arranged for this session to be held free of charge.  

Join us next Tuesday (4/7) at 10:00 Pacific Time, and learn: 
      How to ensure you're complying with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (Paid Family Leave). 
        Everything you need to know about employer and employee coverage 
        The most important considerations when it comes to leave use and pay requirements 
        How to sort through staffing, unemployment and other operational issues 
        The answers to any questions you may have Seating is limited, so Click Here to reserve your spot today.

Wishing you the best,

Your Friends at Elite
    • By Mark Johnson
      Shop owners did you hear? If you have been affected by COVID-19 you are eligible for a SBA disaster loan of up to $2M. This loan is from the Federal Government with interest an rate of 3.75% and up 30yrs payment term. It is not available in private financial institutions (banks).

ALL STATES CAN NOW APPLY!   
      So what information do you need?
      A LOT!
      ●    Most recent Federal income tax returns
      ●    Personal Financial Statement
      ●    Schedule of Liabilities listing all fixed debts
      ●    You Fill out All SBA Paperwork
      ●    Year-end profit-and-loss statement and balance sheet for that tax year
      ●    A current year-to-date profit-and-loss statement
      ●    Monthly sales figures for increases in the amount of economic injury.

And there may be even more!

We are currently helping shop owners navigate through the applications process.

For more info call us at 1954-324-0803 or book an appointment at https://calendly.com/markjohnsontaxplanner/45min

View full article
    • By Joe Marconi
      Usually the winter drops off in sales, but along with car counts.  This year is different.  Customers seem consumed with debt and worried about thier finances, and putting off needed vehicle maintenance.  Not good.  In the long run this leads to breakdowns and larger repair bills. 
    • By Joe Marconi
      “Why are we discussing these issues when the people who need it the most are not here? We’re not reinventing the wheel. We get it. But the ones who don’t get it need to be here, too!” 
      Those were the words spoken by one of my service advisors during a recent meeting. We were discussing quality issues and ways to improve overall production, which, we determined, would improve sales and profit. I listened as Tommy (not his real name) continued for a few minutes. I could hear the frustration in his voice, so I let him speak until I felt he expressed all his feelings to the group. 
      I am a firm believer in holding regular meetings. And, while there are times when the group gives me feedback, rarely does anyone voice their opinion with such passion and intensity the way Tommy did that day. Drawing on experience, I thanked him for his openness and honesty. I also asked him if we could continue this discussion in the morning in private. He agreed. 
      The next morning, I paged Tommy and asked him to come to my office. I thanked him again for his openness and asked him to elaborate more on what he said the night before. Tommy hesitated at first, but slowly began to tell me his frustrations. It really boiled down to the level of commitment from a few techs. Tommy spoke in length about what he would like to change in the shop, and again repeated that we’re not reinventing the wheel. His words were clear and on point, “Joe, we all know what to do. We all know our goals. And we all know when we perform to the level we are supposed to. So, I just don’t understand why all of us can meet those expectations.” 
      Tommy’s insight into the work environment and the dynamics of people’s behavior was perhaps deeper than he even realized. When people within an organization feel that some of their coworkers are not pulling their weight, animosity begins to set in. Essentially, your top employees want to make sure that everyone is committed to the company’s success and doing their very best for the greater good of the team.
      We also need to remember that people look at things from their own perspective. And their perspective becomes their reality. The key thing is to keep the lines of communication open, learn from each other and try to view different situations from the viewpoint of others.  
      After nearly 30 minutes of discussion, it was time to give Tommy my input on how I viewed the situation. I let him know that, while not everyone will be in total agreement with how he views these concerns, he has made a giant step forward at letting me know the issues we have in the shop. I then asked Tommy, “Out of our 16 employees, how many people in your opinion, without giving me any names, do not live up to the expectations of the company?” Tommy thought for a moment and replied, “Well, when I think about it, just a few. Two, maybe three.” Here was my opportunity to bring logic into a very emotional discussion. “So, what you are telling me is that the majority of your coworkers do live up to the company’s expectations and do a quality job?” Tommy replied, “Yes, I didn’t see it that way.” I let Tommy know that I would take his ideas and implement them into my strategy to improve the work environment. He appreciated the fact that I listened to his concerns.  
      Here’s the bottom line. When a person speaks up like Tommy did—listen to them. Don’t shut them down. They are expressing more than their frustrations over a few of their coworkers. They are giving you real-life, from the trenches information. And although it may be from their perspective, their viewpoint can give you valuable information that will help you and your company improve. Even a few people not pulling their weight can be enough to affect morale. And others may be feeling the same way. 
      What you don’t want are “yes” people who merely agree with you because you’re the boss. No matter how uncomfortable it may be, welcome feedback and criticism from your key people.  We also need to listen more and speak less. And most of all, we need to understand that the solutions to our problems don’t always have to come from us. Sometimes, an employee’s outburst is just what we need to put things in the right perspective. 
      This story was originally published by Joe Marconi in Ratchet+Wrench on January 1st, 2020

View full article

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors