Quantcast

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By tirengolf
      Hope everyone is having good week with great sales. I am in the process of renegotiating my employee’s uniform contract. It is sorta the same old thing start low then get higher. Could I get some feedback on how you guys are handling this. I have looked at buying uni’s for my guys. In my area it is expensive and they do not want to update my guys. Just lchecking some ideas . Thanks guys. David
    • By BNC173
      I have a new employee that needs to get some tires & asked if he was able to get them at cost or a discounted rate. We don't put much profit on the tires so not a lot of room to offer a discount. I do have other employee's that get for the cost, but they are also family members & in management. I'm curious what do other shops do or offer the employee's.
      Thanks
    • By CAautogroup
      Hello all,
      We currently pay our techs by the hour until business starts to pick up on mechanic jobs. Techs normally get a 1 hr lunch break (no paid). However, we have noticed that techs are leaving early and showing up late. As an off site owner, I find it difficult to keep track of hours, and would not like to pay for hours techs are not there. We have tried to use the honor system; however, may times techs are "forgetting" to note time in an out on the calendar. 

Any suggestions? Do you use an electronic clocking in an out system? Have the manager in charge do it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Regards,
      Nick 
    • By Alex
      This is an exclusive invitation to all AutoShopOwner members!
      You are invited to Elite's Employee Management Made Easy webinar on Tue, Feb 13, 2018 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM EST!
      Join Elite at this powerful course and you’ll see just how easy it is to improve employee morale, drive up productivity, and increase your profits. During this webinar you will learn…
      the key fundamentals of employee management proven tips on how you can improve employee morale how to deal with the most difficult employees  
    • By ncautoshop
      We've been looking for a new tech to help us grow recently and a topic that's come up for us is a minimum hour or weekly guarantee. I don't mind doing this at all, as I want pur techs to earn a fair and living wage. Honestly as far as I'm concerned I'd love for them to take 50% of the hourly rate including taxes - we want our employees happy and financially we'll. But I also want to be financially well, I'm concerned if I give a tech a minimum guarantee I may have productivity issues. In the same respect I'm not sure if it's acceptable to put a statement saying the minimum only applies to weeks when X amount of hours is not available or something similar. Any input?
      Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors