Quantcast

Don’t be judged by the smudge!

Hi Joe! 

You said...

On 9/30/2017 at 12:51 PM, Joe Marconi said:

you can do the best repair, using the best parts, performed by the best technician on the planet. But what the customer sees is not necessarily your hard work, it’s that little greasy smudge that you are judged by.  Unfortunate and unfair?  Yes. But it’s a reality.

I'm not speaking to whether or not it's fair - but the reality is it's the economy we're living in - and that drives peoples viewpoint - and THAT makes this a big deal. 

In reality, we live in a "Review Economy", don't we? Let me ask you a question. What was the last thing you purchased for over $100? Did you check reviews BEFORE you bought?? I know I buy a lot of camera gear and lenses - and I always check reviews online - and even follow pro photographers that do reviews - and I do that ALL before I buy. 

The world has changed. I don't have to sit in a classroom and listen to some Phd, MBA or XYZ to learn something. All we need to do is find people who are already where we want to be and then follow and connect with them.

So I am not saying she was right or wrong. What I am saying is that the slightest little "mess up" can become a bad review real quickly. In fact, in the story you spoke of, you're probably real lucky that she told YOU FIRST - and had a chance to make it good. Otherwise it could have cost you a lot more in the long run. 

Hope this helps!

Matthew Lee
"The Car Count Fixer"

Get "The Official Guide to Auto Service Marketing"

Got an hour? Join me on this Training Webinar

Get on the Early Bird List for my new book!

• Like 1