Quantcast

The 4th quarter is here. I am hoping you are having a good year. If your down on sales lets make this last stretch of this year a good one. Carry it into 2018.

There are some shop owners in here doing 2M a year and my hat is off to them because, I know from experience what they had to go through to get there and it's not easy and there is no instant gratification, it is all hard work and making good business decisions, building a great reputation and relationships with there customers. This site is your group 20 ! 

Just a suggestion but before you go spending money on marketing, mailers, etc that discounts service and bring in what everyone calls "the wrong breed of customer" , gets you a very low return on investment and so on. 

Lets take a look at

1) How many customers do you have to work with in a average month ? Do you have enough and are not getting the most out of them or do you need more of them? 

2) Are you training your front counter to ask questions and become there friend and problem solver or are they scripted to say the same thing over and over . Advisors are not salespeople they are problem solvers ! When they solve the problem they will get the sale. I am not saying to leave things out when talking to the customer, just make it more personal. 

3) Are you buying your parts right ??  From your oil to engines whatever you get are you buying wholesale? I am betting you could save a lot of money here. 

4) Do you have techs that are doing a good job making money for them and you, it's a team effort always has been always will be. 

Again this is intended for the small to medium shops to just take a look and see if you can gain with what you have.

I see there is a lot of advice out here some good, and some not so good. Be smart, do you homework and be successful. 

Good Luck, I am here to help.