Quantcast

Welcome To The Second Half Of 2017 – How’s Business?

I’d like to officially welcome you to the second half of 2017. That’s right, the year is half over. Let me ask you a question; How’s your business doing? Is it exactly where you thought it would be right now? Are you on track to meet your goals? Or do you need to tighten up the bootstraps and get rocking and rolling on there to get the year to where you really need it to go?

I’d like to wind the calendar all the way back to January 1st. You know, the day that everybody comes up with all those great New Year’s resolutions. They have resolutions about how the business is going to go, how much time they’re going to spend with their family, how much vacation they’re going to take this year, how much money they’re going to make, how much weight they’re going to lose, all of those things.

Do you remember that day? Do you remember actually sitting back and making another New Year’s resolution? Well, if you’re like most people, yeah. You figured this year was going to be the year, the year that everything is going to get on track. And I really, really hope it is for you. But if it’s not, well, it’s half over with, and I want to point that out to tell you that it’s okay. It’s okay if you’re not nearly where you thought you would be, because we have another six months to go to be able to pull it out.

So don’t get discouraged if you’re not where you thought you would be. Congratulate yourself if you are exactly where you think you’re going to be, or where you should be. So you’re doing great this year, fantastic. Go out and celebrate. Celebrate the victory. And if you’re not where you need to go, it’s time to tighten up those shoelaces and get really rocking. Don’t beat yourself up. It’s okay. We have a full six months to pull this out.

It’s time to start taking action on everything you’re learning. If car count is your problem, and for most shop owners it is, get going on all these strategies that I’m giving you here for free. Every single day in your email box I’m giving you tons of strategies to help you move forward and keep plenty of car count coming in the door. If it’s about profitability, if it’s about finding that technician, look, we have lots great information, lots of videos that we can share with you, if that’s where the problem is.

Don’t let it be an impending storm. The second half of 2017 is going to be a great year, but you need to start taking action. If you need information, fantastic. We’ll be here to give it to you, but in most cases it’s just a matter of you needing to go and take action.

Time to really start rocking and rolling to get this 2017 to be everything you thought it would be; to lose the weight you want, get the car count you want, make the money you want, have the dream shop that you always knew your shop could be. You got a half a year left. Let’s get rolling.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      Key Talking Points
      Justin Fricke, CarTime Auto Center, Dundas, MN
      Stocks around 100 cars on lot for used car business in the same building The car buying experience has changed- the market isn’t full of new vehicles anymore, prices continue to increase month to month Justin started as a technician and is now part-owner Program through junior and senior high schools called Career Tech Education- job fair day of different businesses with displays. As a business, go to schools and ask about their programs available. Consider field trip to the shop Where do kids fit? Stereotypes around the trades need to be broken in school. Don’t push the kids that are the “bad students” into the trades. It is no longer a secondary career path. Also has detail shop- $200 for full detailing inside and out Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:

Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. By always innovating, Dorman has led the way in growing the aftermarket. Here you will see a few examples of a Dorman OE Fix. An OE FIX is a Dorman repair solution you can’t get from the original equipment manufacturer. It means they found a situation where they believe the OEM wasn’t giving repair professionals what they wanted, so we fixed it. Everything Dorman does is centered around providing customer value, both in the quality of products, and the creativity of solutions. Our engineers and designers go out of their way to save repair technicians time and save vehicle owners money. Want to really go under the hood? Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      John Eppstein, owner of John's Automotive Care, San Diego CA has been in business since 1998. The business is a complete general automotive repair and a smog test station. John’s Automotive Care has been relocated twice; the last move was in 2003. John has been in the automotive industry since 1985. He is the Immediate Past President of the B & G Clubs of East County where he's worked since 1996. He is also a member of a local NAPA BOG group. John's been a member of ASCCA's Chapter 24 for over 12 years during which time he has served as secretary, vice president and chair of the Meetings Committee. John's Automotive Care is also currently an ASC Educational Foundation Cars for Careers donation site for San Diego, CA. Listen to John's other episodes HERE
      Dave Kusa is the owner of AutoTrend Diagnostics in Campbell, CA. Dave is very active in Chapter 42 and currently serves as a board member and chapter representative. He has also helped several new shops become ASCCA members. Dave advocates with local legislators on behalf of small businesses and their employees. He contributes to TeamTalk and is a huge resource for members. He was ASCCA’s past president. Look for Dave’s other episodes HERE.
      Key Talking Points
      Purpose - Raise funds and money to support and encourage technical education and training for the automotive industry through scholarships, endowments, career development and other industry inspired programs. Vehicle donations from customers that go to auction- “cars for careers” Example- transmission/engine repairs. You are able to donate a vehicle  no matter where you are, it’s not limited to only California Low overhead- about 75% of the money coming in from the vehicle donation program gets put into funds. Volunteer-based foundation. You don’t need to be a shop owner to be included in the board of trustees (tax advisor, grant writer etc) Last year they awarded 28 scholarships to 16 deserving students for a total of $23,500. To date, this is the largest amount awarded in the history of the Foundation. Schools involved - community colleges across California such as Cuyamaca College, Skyline College, Rio Hondo College, San Diego Miramar College, Citrus College, Chabot College, UTI Vetting process – Scholarships are awarded to students who fill out applications at https://automotivescholarships.com/ all applicants that meet basic requirements are then scored by a panel of automotive professionals and winners are picked from the highest scoring applicants. Opportunities to create a scholarship- John has started a scholarship with his business. He will match whatever his employees put into it. There are also one time scholarships for smaller amounts.  
      Connect with the show:
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Since 1989 TRACS has been the industry’s leading shop management system. And in the last 30 years it’s gotten better and better. Today TRACS Enterprise offers even more of the features AutoCare Center owners want—things like a powerful interactive scheduling calendar, faster and streamlined work flow, plus streamlined parts ordering and purchasing options. And there’s more—Punch-out to Mitchell ProDemand, mobile VIN capture, and multi-shop capabilities. That means you can count on TRACS Enterprise to help drive your success today and well into the future. Learn more about TRACS Enterprise and the hundreds of other benefits the NAPA family has to offer. Talk with your servicing NAPA store or visit www.NAPAAutoCare.com.

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By spencersauto
      What's your houlr labor rate and where are you located? We're currently at $95 in Texas
    • By ASOG Podcast
      Brian Walker of Shop Market Pros explaining what makes them different at the TOOLS Conference 2021.
    • By ASOG Podcast
      Looking through the videos taken at #aapex and #sema. This event is simply can't-miss.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Joe Marconi
      Back in my day, you didn't get a lot of praise from your boss. And, you never really looked for it either. You did your job, and the only way you knew you were doing a good job is if the boss didn't reprimand you.   It was different back when I started, 1974.  Times have changed and the way we manage people has changed too. 
      If you want to motivate people, make sure you praise them when they do a great job. Be sincere and be honest with your praise.  People crave positive feedback from their leaders. By giving praise often, your employees will feel good about themselves. Their self-esteem will get a boost and they will be more likely to repeat that great job again. 
      Now, this is not to say you should ignore when things go wrong.  But make sure you give at least 5 to 8 "at-a-boys" to every one reprimand.  Trust me, fill someone's emotional bank with sufficient "at-a-boys", and they will be more willing to listen to you when they drop the ball. 
    • By TechnologyFirst
      Hi all. 
      I'm training to start a new business, and am tasked to learn the top goals and challenges of auto repair shop owners.
      I know you don't know me... but I hope you wouldn't mind taking 60 seconds to help.
      From your experience, what's the #1 most urgent or worrisome pain point a repair shop seeks to overcome?
      And was the answer something else, before COVID-19?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Ron Ipach
      December spells the end of 2018, and hopefully you're wrapping up what was a fantastic year for your auto repair shop and business.
      Now… it’s time to start thinking about how to make 2019 an EVEN BETTER year. (Heck, let’s go ahead and plan on making it your best year ever! Right?)
      By attending for this special Live Online Webinar, you're going to get the proven 4-step process that will practically GUARANTEE 2019 to be a blow-out success for you.
      With these four steps, you’ll be able to…
      👉 ==> DOUBLE your take-home pay (Yes, that’s not a misprint. I’ll show you how.)
      👉 ==> Magnetically attract more (and even better!) customers to your shop
      👉 ==>  Easily sell your services at higher prices than your competitors
      👉 ==>  Find, hire, and keep that elusive tech you’ve been searching for
      👉 ==>  Put the fun back into running your shop!
      If you're interested... there is absolutely ZERO cost to attend this training.
      All you'll need is 45 minutes of your day set aside in order to watch this webinar live.
      For the dates, times, and registration details,  CLICK HERE

• By Ron Ipach
      It's finally time for you to enjoy less stress and take more time off, all while putting more money in your pockets.
      Would you like to know how? After helping over 6567 repair shop owners achieve the shop of their dreams, I've put together my most anticipated Webinar yet:
      What The Top Auto Repair Shop Owners Know That You Don’t: 
      How a Small Minority Are Pocketing Six-Figure Incomes
      I'm Interested - Sign Me Up! Need More Incentive?
      On This Free Online Training Webinar, You’re Going To Discover: 
      The 4-step business model that’s been quietly converting struggling shop owners into multiple $100,000+ per year earners, while enjoying their businesses more than they ever have before… How making a few important shifts in your business RIGHT NOW will protect you from being swallowed up by the massive changes coming in the industry… Why most advertising efforts by shops today are a total waste of money…and where you should be focusing all of your efforts right now to attract the best high-quality customers to your shop… A simple process for converting those annoying price shoppers into paying customers…and selling your services at higher prices than your competitors… And much, much, more! Don't waste any more time, take the steps to change your life, and better your business!
      CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

• By Ron Ipach
      Dear Shop Owner, 
      Ron Ipach (a.k.a. Captain Car Count) would like to finally share with you his proven 4-step process that he's secretly been teaching to his private auto repair shop clients for the past 21 years, that’ll practically guarantee 2018 to be a blow-out success for you.
      It’s January and that means the new year has kicked off in a big way. Even though we're only a few weeks in, hopefully you’re well on your way to having another fantastic year.
      Now, as an Auto Repair Shop Owner, it’s time to start thinking about how to make 2018 an EVEN BETTER year than last. (Heck, let’s go ahead and plan on making it your best year ever! Right?)
      Ipach, often referred to as the industry's expert when it comes to Car Count, is now accepting registrants to...  

NEW WEBINAR ANNOUNCEMENT
      MAKE 2018 YOUR BEST YEAR EVER:

1. Magnetically attract more (and even better!) customers to your shop
      2. Easily sell your services at higher prices than your competitors
      3. Increase your take-home pay by 30%, 50%, or more
      4. Find, hire, and keep that elusive tech you’ve been searching for

• Our Sponsors