Quantcast

Hey guys, 

We're always looking for ways to improve the flow of information between the repair shop and parts counter. PartsTech just announced a technology we've built and plan to launch later this year involving voice control and video chat in the parts ordering process (here's a link to the blog). Could you envision using this type of technology in your shop?

- Erik

I don't see this ever working in an environment that contains hammers.   After a few arguments with this device, it would be dented and might not work as well as the factory model.    But, this is just my take.   Everyone else on this forum are way more patient than me.  😜

Thanks for the feedback, @bantar .  Could you see yourself using a system that allowed you to chat or talk to the parts counter within your ordering system?  The benefit would be the parts counter already has the vehicle info (including VIN) and part information on their screen when you call, so there's no need to recite the VIN or Y/M/M over the phone.