Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
defiancetire

Hello from Northwest Ohio!

Hi I am a new member here. I am a 24 year old master certified tech. I opened my own shop Last May in a single car garage in my hometown. I am now leasing a 4900 square foot warehouse/shop. I discovered quickly that it is alot of work! Between legal and paperwork, customers, overhead, it is more and more everyday. I am glad to find this forum, i havent stopped looking at topics since I found it, what better way to learn then from someone who is doing the exact thing you are. Anyways I am still a one man operation, I do alot of wholesale cars for 4 dealerships currently, while less profitable I have found that it is a good rainy day fund! So anyways I am looking forward to learning, and growing with the rest of you in this business. One goal of mine is to remain profitable, I see alot of shops around here with way too many cars in the lot, yet they close within 6 months of being open.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Stevens Automotive Service
      I am looking for a shop my nephew that lives in Cleveland, Ohio can go for service etc.
      He works at South Pointe Hospital in Warrensville Heights and lives between there and Beachwood.
      He and his co-workers would make good customers for you as they are all surgeons.
      Just trying to help your car count and sales as always. Let me know and I will pass on the info to him.
      Thanks
    • By dfrisby
      I have a customer that is working in terryburg Ohio that is having issues with his Toyota pickup. Hard to diagnose over phone and looking for a shop in the area. Has codes for mass airflow sensor and tranny is acting up. We replaced transmission a few months ago and it's still under warranty. He replaces mass sensor and problem got worse.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• By CMillet86
      Hello, I have a small 2 bay shop with lifts in both bays, I also have a 3rd bay that has a chassis dyno. I try to do performance work, but working on the marketing aspect of that. I've always done heavyline engine and transmission work, alot of it for other shops. I've found a lot of value on here. I was talking to Elite Worldwide about consulting to help me with the general repair side of things. I'm still in sticker shock from the Conversation, but they did lead me here.
    • By Art Szabo
      My name is Art and I joined this community for my son also named Art. He has just opened his own garage called Pro-wrench and I do what I can to help. He has twenty years experience working for others and finally decided to step out on his own a couple months ago. He is in an older building with just two bays on a back street. He brought some customers with him and with very little advertising is already on his way to a solid customer base. He spends a large portion of his day just talking with his customers, some business and some just visiting, he is a very likeable guy. Sometimes he has to work late to keep up with the schedule because of the visiting. I am sure he will iron it out over time.
      We are happy to be members here.
      Art Szabo
    • By old-school-mechanic
      Greetings everyone!

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

While my back ground is primarily in the aviation field (i'm a retired aircraft mechanic), my goal is to gear up my own shop strictly in the field of brakes and suspension. I do have many years working on vehicles part time and I have also restored 2 trucks. So I'm hoping that I can gain a bunch of knowledge here about running a shop, customer service and some of the do's and don'ts along the way. I presently have a small following of customers, but I would like to grow in the near future to a customer base that would provide a good supplemental income.

Again....hello and thanks for having me!

R/
      Gary

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors