Quantcast

Winter is Coming – Can’t Wait!

• 1 month later...

My thoughts are people need to be better prepared, we will dump 16in of snow and then be -40 two days later and haven't missed a day of school or work. Alaskans are a tough crowd

We don't get quite that cold, but Minne-Snow-tains are just as tough.

Can't wait for snow and pot holes and people going into the ditch; keeps the alignment rack busy!

My thoughts are people need to be better prepared, we will dump 16in of snow and then be -40 two days later and haven't missed a day of school or work. Alaskans are a tough crowd

We need typically a minimum of 8 inches of the despicable white stuff before they close schools.

In the Southern states a single flake can cause delays and closures. .

It's all matte of, like you said, preparedness. In Alaska you know you will be getting hit hard and you prepare fo it. In Michigan we know we have varying amounts of snowfall and we prepare accordingly. I drive Nokian WR G3's on my car because I know I will be dealing with snow and have no problems witth slippery road confidence. But how many times does Texass get snow? So if they don't get much snow why should they prepare for what they don't normally experience?

But you are right, it's all about preparedness. Be prepared but ther comes a point when it stops being prudent and starts being paranoia.

Mr Joe was talking about northern states though, not about it snowing in texas.

We need typically a minimum of 8 inches of the despicable white stuff before they close schools.

In the Southern states a single flake can cause delays and closures. .

It's all matte of, like you said, preparedness. In Alaska you know you will be getting hit hard and you prepare fo it. In Michigan we know we have varying amounts of snowfall and we prepare accordingly. I drive Nokian WR G3's on my car because I know I will be dealing with snow and have no problems witth slippery road confidence. But how many times does Texass get snow? So if they don't get much snow why should they prepare for what they don't normally experience?

But you are right, it's all about preparedness. Be prepared but ther comes a point when it stops being prudent and starts being paranoia.