Quantcast

• Similar Forum Topics

• Laser pointer on Wheel balancer

I have an older coats wheel balancer. Works great and is accurate. The problem is that on modern car 19-22" wheels it becomes really hard to eyeball the correct place on the wheel for the weight. Extra spins become common because the last weight was a few degrees off the mark. Newer balancers have laser pointers that make it easy. Has anyone retrofitted a pointer to their older balancer? Did you buy a kit or did you build something? I've done some searching but I can't find anyone that's done this before. I feel like it would be really handy.  

By Junior, in Automotive Shop Tools & Equipment

• 2 replies
    • Wheel Alignment lifts

Our shop is being refitted with all new equipment. Up for discussion is the choice of wheel alignment lifts. The local distribution here in Hong Kong, has two brands on offer: Hunter, who are well known and reputable, and Ravaglioli, who are well-represented, but relatively unknown to me. Does anyone here have any information to share on the pro's and cons of these two?   I've had mixed results with Italian equipment in the past, some good, some tragic. Hoping to avoid any unnecessary shedding of tears, blood and cash.

By HK Blackbird, in Automotive Shop Tools & Equipment

• 3 replies
    • We won a Hunter Wheel Balancer at SEMA 2016!

Who else went to SEMA this year?! Last year we won some small tools from an OTC diagnostics competition and this year, we won a free Hunter SmartWeight Wheel Balancer (even though not the road force, its a huge upgrade for us). All you had to do is post a photo on Instagram and use their hashtag. I think they have this competition every year.

By meowpox, in Automotive Shop Tools & Equipment

• 5 replies
    • Thickness of a wheel rim at bead edge

Does anyone know a standard thickness for an alloy wheel edge where the bead seats? I have a debate going on over a wheel being to thin to use. A comparable wheel measures at 8mm thick, this one measures at 5.6mm thick. Anybody able to weigh in? I have seen other alloy wheels at 5mm thick.

By Silver Star, in General Automotive Discussion

• 0 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors