Quantcast

I'm at my wits end. I have been the store manager for the location I'm at now for 8 months now. I have noticed that the first 2 weeks of the month is extremely slow and the second 2 weeks we are slammed. I have tried everything I can think of advertising wise to get more cars in here to fill the 2 week void but nothing is working. If anybody has any advise or ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By rmiller
      3 things you didn't know about Vegas: 
      It would take 288 years for one person to spend one night in every hotel room in Las Vegas. The shrimp consumption in Las Vegas is over 60,000 pounds per day, higher then the rest of the nation combined.  We're buying drinks for shop owners attending the APPEX and SEMA shows at the Venetian on Wednesday. #3 is the most important fact, of course. And it's the only one that requires your immediate action. 

So, if you are going to be in Vegas on November 1...

...want to enjoy a free drink at a great restaurant in a hotel that looks like Venice...

...and talk with repair shop owners and the RepairPal Team about what's working in the automotive repair industry these days...
      Click here to get on the VIP list now. 
      See you there!
      The RepairPal Team - (Jill, Shirley, and Randall)

• By AndersonAuto
      As I've said in another thread, I've been advertising the absolute cheapest Full Synthetic oil change in town. $29.95 for a domestic/asian 5 quart synthetic LOF. No one in town can touch it. In fact, that's a pretty good price for a non synthetic oil change. As a marketing piece, it's working great.

I used to do $19.95 coupon oil changes with great success, but there was always a few people who were in it for the cheap oil and that's all. Way more upside to the program than downside, so I put up with them. We made the change to full synthetic and $29.95 at the first of the year. We had a guy in today who informed us that we had lost his business for good due to us raising the price on the coupon oil change. $29.95 was clearly out of line. He's been a customer here for 4 years, and brings us 2 cars. The ONLY work he's ever done with us is the oil change, in four friggin' years!  I was heartbroken to say the least. 😀
    • By BrianJeffrey
      I recently did a drivabilty repair on a 1999 Bonneville, a week after all was done the customer called to share his concern about the price of the MAF we replaced. I told him there we many out there and the only ones we have positive results with were the AC Delco new ones. He stated he could buy the same thing for less of course. The sensor cost me over $250 and my margin is 39%. Am I out of line charging this?
      And how do you handle price objections similar to this?
    • By Joe Marconi
      I will be presenting the Fly with the Eagles course next week from September 23-26, in San Diego. I will be checking in on the ASO and all the posts. Looking forward to the seminar; I am always amazed by the all the great shop owners I meet.
    • By Elon Block
      Hi everyone,

Alex suggested I post in this forum.

For those of you that may new to the forum, I have created a blog here with
      helpful articles and videos:
      http://www.autoshopowner.com/blog/16-elon-block-sellmoreautoservicecom/

We also have a large archive of free training materials on our website:
      http://sellmoreautoservice.com/aboutus/

Let me know if we can be of help to you and your business.

Elon
      410-634-1640

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors