Quantcast

Employee Policies & Handbook

Sign in to follow this  

Putting together a comprehensive employee handbook illustrating what is acceptable and unacceptable along with your company policies, can help avoid issues.

Sign in to follow this  

• Upcoming Events

• Latest Posts

• Two years ago I cut out Saturdays and reduced our open hours from 8-6 to 8:30-5.  I live on site and am still often working till midnight or later, and almost always work Saturdays and some Sundays.  But I let the answering machine get the phones and I keep the doors locked when I'm not open.  Those are my most productive hours.  Every once in awhile I think I should reopen on Saturdays, but I don't think it will ever actually happen.  It either was so busy I couldn't get anything done without more staff, or so dead I was paying for staff that didn't need to be there. Either way it wasn't worth it.  
    • That's exactly what we're doing. Sign on door for customers to know masks are required. Office staff and mechanics wear them in the office whenever a customer is present. The techs do not wear them in the shop, nor would I expect them to. Its hard enough wearing them in an office environment, the shop would be brutal. Talking on the phone is tough, its sound muffled all the time.
    • Thank you. Sometimes we second guess ourselves. 
    • When anyone disrespects an employee it is time to step in and stop the abuse. You did the right thing and I am sure your employee and other staff members appreciate your response. 
    • We have not worn masked since this began but our mayor and council have passed an ordinance requiring them in indoor areas beginning Wednesday.  I will ask my guys to wear them when pulling cars in and out or when around a customer.  I frankly don't expect them to wear them while working in the shop in this heat.  I will ask the counter personnel and myself to wear them at least when a customer is in the waiting area.  It is going to be a real pain when talking on the phone.  
    • Business here has been strong for the last 8 weeks.  
    • I am looking at this one and considering changing. It seems to be system of choice with many of the Facebook group.   https://www.tekmetric.com/?utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=90611462&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8EaPf_z-A-CkXytJQzHfTLZ5wmNd6PaLNR4j_KZro3OdDI2kp_ir2SGiUS-JmxrMnaaJHC-8m-KJrtG-Bzdn76tEtFww&utm_content=90611462&utm_source=hs_email
    • The biggest change we have made is to eliminate Saturday hours for the time being.  It has made life easier and reduced staffing needs.  So far I think it may yield more positives than the revenue lost.  I had been thinking about this before the crisis.  There are many reasons that I had considered it.  (1)It makes it easier to hire help.  Saturday hours are unpopular. (2)Parts availability on Saturdays is limited.  Some dealers are closed and all the parts stores operate with the B team.  (3)Parts delivery time on Saturday is very slow. (4)I am too old and don't want to work Saturdays.