Quantcast

Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

Do you have any automotive management or business related issues that you need help with? Auto Shop Management help from Auto Shop Owners. Post it here for help from your fellow members. 

Subforums

1. Specific Management Forums   (314 visits to this link)

266 topics in this forum

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 5 replies
  1. Should I buy a scanner

• 6 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 8 replies
  2. Solo mechanic

• 8 replies
    • 10 replies
  3. Warranties and comebacks

• 13 replies
  4. Tablets without bolt on

• 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 7 replies
  5. Ransom Attack

• 7 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
  6. Dunn and Bradstreet

• 5 replies
    • 3 replies
  7. Is a Web page worth the investment?

• 10 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 15 replies
  8. Large Job Contracts?

• 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply

• Upcoming Events

• Latest Posts

• Thank you very much! I'll definitely look into that, excellent tips. I do appreciate your advice.
    • If you haven’t considered or utilized direct mail postcard magnets to attract new customers, now is the time to reevaluate this medium.   Over the past 9 years, I have seen first-hand how effective direct mailing a postcard magnet can be for new customer acquisition as well as customer retention.  The Direct Marketing Association (DMA), who is quite a credible source, also reported in their DMA Statistical Fact Book that “A postcard with a magnet attached is read at least 51.9% more often than a traditional postcard.” With that said, I cannot speak to how this study was conducted, but this directly correlates to my real-world experience mailing millions of postcard magnets for our clients over the years.   Why is now the right time to mail a postcard magnet?   Postcard magnets are effective all year round. However, now is the perfect time to capitalize on the recently released NFL schedules, which will give you a great opportunity to beat your competitors. You’ll be the first company to get your region’s favorite team schedules on the fridge of your prospective customers.   Another reason postcard magnets are so effective is this simple fact.  Your target prospects may not have a broken car or need your services the exact day that you target them. Therefore, it is imperative that you are top of mind when a need arises and that’s exactly what postcard magnets accomplish. Consumers get them and intuitively put them on their fridge, keeping your brand constantly visible in their home.    There are a number of companies that offer this product so get quotes & compare services.  Again, it’s the perfect is the perfect time to execute this product.   I have attached a few samples to give you a better idea of what the product can look like.   If you have any questions, please let me know.  
    • We use Sil-glyde , part number BK-4 , carquest has it, worldpac has it too.    Jeff
    • Our techs buy their own gloves, shop supplies , nuts, bolts, chemicals , we use Imperial, Worldpac, Carquest, Autozone, Melik Global trading for wipers.    jeff
    • Interactive learning actively engages the students in wrestling with the material.
    • Hello all, Our current supplier for shop supplies just announced a 25% increase on nitrile disposable gloves (Ouch), as well as a 10% increase on wiper blades and metal spin on filters. I have limited to no choice in forwarding these increases to customers. However, I am in the market of seeking other suppliers. What companies do you currently use for such stocked inventory? Any recommendations?  What are your thoughts in asking the techs to supply their own work gloves? Perhaps a non disposable nitrile grip?   Kind Regards,   Nick
    • I had a chance to look at your site and here's what I found.  First of all, I did see it on my desktop, but I checked it on my phone.  Why phone? Because Google says 82% of searches start on a mobile device. So it's fair to say that most are going to find you first on their phone, right? So where I did that, here's what I found: Your phone is NOT a clickable link. In other words, I have to search for a pen or pencil, something to write on and then scribble down your number BEFORE I can call you.  Your Phone number MUST be click to call, period.  Above that, I didn't find a map, hours, reviews, or coupons.  Think about this. Why would anyone search "auto repair louisville ky"? I don't think it's because they want to know how you're doing, do you? I think it's because they have a problem and the best part of that is that they have a problem and they DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TAKE THEIR CAR. Agreed?  So don't make them think. That is rule #1. So I tool a little time and checked... the menu pops up. Here's what it looks like: So the entire menu doesn't show up in one screen shot, but when I checked, I didn't find any of those other things.  So besides making your phone a clickable link, you should add what everyone wants to see: hours, map, reviews, coupons to name a few. Above that, I'll share this with you. It's virtually impossible to optimize one web page for more than 2-3 terms. And they should be related terms like check engine light, check engine light codes, check engine light diagnosis.  With that said, if you want to win, you have to make SPECIFIC LANDING PAGES for each service. Now I haven't done any research on your market, but you must do that so you know what people are searching for. The best part about that is the tools you need to do that are FREE. (Good price, huh?) I don't want to take up a lot of time here, but I detail it all in this video on CarCountHackers at YouTube. Above that, there's page title tags and meta descriptions that should be corrected. Pictures are not properly optimized for search either. I explain that in the video above too! Ooops! Wanted to check something out and when I click your services, there's no content. Page titles need some fixing there too.  Also, no schema data. That's what search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing) use to understand who you are and where you are.  If you want to come up for "NEAR ME" searched, it's critical.    Anyway, hope this helps. I am not trying to dump on you - but check the video out to figure out how to get found. Matthew "The Car Count Fixer" P.S.: Subscribe to Car Count Hackers on YouTube - Follow CarCountHackers on Facebook! P.P.S.: Double Your Car Count in 89 Days - FREE Course P.P.P.S.: Want to fix your car count fast? Just answer These Thee Questions      
    • @Mastermechanic took a peak at your site and a few things popped out. Something is up with your SSL because in google chrome your site is coming up insecure. Your repair quote form font on larger screens is too small Remove all the white space around your logo, it's way to big for a website 1500 px and causes it to be way to small in your header.  There are numerous font and layout opportunities. Update your copyright to 2019 Maybe try a different wordpress theme or update this one?   I edited your logo to 500px for you and have your son try that out. Its a png file like your original just cropped and resized. You'll see it'll look much better in the header. Here's a screenshot of the contact form text in Chrome, a bit small. I would also make that phone number clickable to a dialer.   Kudos to your son, looks like he's learning how to use wordpress!