Quantcast

CARQUEST Advance Keeps TECH-NET

• 6 months later...

I have been a die hard CarQuest fan for the same reasons that most shop owners are im sure. However, with the acquisition I am starting sense a bit of tension with my local guys. I think the concern is that the Advanced store and the CarQuest stores are certain to consolidate and when they do there may not be enough room for the employees of both stores. None the less, over the last month the delivery time has been terrible, they no longer carry GATES or WIX, and when we called about a labor claim the Advanced staff informed us that they only offer a labor warranty on failures that occur within 90 days of the repair. This was news to me as I have been building my brand with TechNet and the 24/24 warranty. I learned through this experience that that particular warranty is ONLY useful is the customer goes to a different shop 25 miles or more away. So anything from 91 days to 24months I will have to absorb the labor. We do not have many warranty claims but it is a bit disconcerting. We have a new NAPA store and I have been looking at the Auto Care program they offer. Can anyone share an opinion on the comparison of TechNet and NAPA Auto Care banner programs?

Thankfully, it appears that CARQUEST Advance Auto Parts will keep the TECH-NET independent shop banner program. This is good news for me personally. I was part of the CARQUEST Advisory council back in the mid to late 90s that created the TECH-NET program.

It appears that CARQUEST Advance is committed to strengthening the alliance of the independents commercial trade. Again, good news.

This January makes 2 years since the Advance acquisition of CARQUEST/BWP in my area, the Northeast. While many shop owners are still apprehensive, especially due to past and current advertising strategies of Advance, there are positive signs that Advance is learning from the culture of CARQUEST/BWP - building long lasting strong relationships with shop owners, and not so much with the retail DIY trade.

We shall see...

I've had serious troubles with billing and customer service with advance lately. Not to mention we changed 6 calipers on one vehicle to find one good one. I'm still using some of the e-services and really considering using tech net. No one I'm currently working with at advance has any clue about it. Any key points about the service or a website where I can read up?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have been a die hard CarQuest fan for the same reasons that most shop owners are im sure. However, with the acquisition I am starting sense a bit of tension with my local guys. I think the concern is that the Advanced store and the CarQuest stores are certain to consolidate and when they do there may not be enough room for the employees of both stores. None the less, over the last month the delivery time has been terrible, they no longer carry GATES or WIX, and when we called about a labor claim the Advanced staff informed us that they only offer a labor warranty on failures that occur within 90 days of the repair. This was news to me as I have been building my brand with TechNet and the 24/24 warranty. I learned through this experience that that particular warranty is ONLY useful is the customer goes to a different shop 25 miles or more away. So anything from 91 days to 24months I will have to absorb the labor. We do not have many warranty claims but it is a bit disconcerting. We have a new NAPA store and I have been looking at the Auto Care program they offer. Can anyone share an opinion on the comparison of TechNet and NAPA Auto Care banner programs?

As a Tech-Net shop starting in Feb, you should be getting a 12mo/12k labor warranty. Its new for 2015. www.techauto.com

logo.jpg

12 month Local Labor Warranty on parts purchased from CARQUEST and Advance Auto Parts - Beginning February 1, 2015, members will have a coverage on their labor for 12 months when they buy and install a part from CQ or Advance that fails. All members will be paid $50 per hours using standard Mitchell labor time. Most claims are settled within 24 hours, but could be settled the same day if received by 3:00 eastern with all the required paperwork. First claim is always approved with no part inspection, although the part must always be returned to the store. Claims are filed with a 3rd party that is staffed by ASE Master techs that are qualified to administer technical claims.

I was made aware of the 12/12 by my area rep after the Advanced labor claim department denied it. The labor claim department was not aware of the new change. And I must mention that my local store did make the labor claim right. Im not sure if what I am experiencing is only in my area or not , but ill be glad when the dust settles.

We are part of bumper to bumper and its a lot better program. 24/24 parts and labor warranty and all kinds of other rewards and discounts. People at advanced auto parts store next to us are so clueless that it's a huge frustration calling them if you run out of options looking for a part. One time I asked for tpms sensor and the manager said they don't sell that there and another time I was looking for a 14 inch wiper blade and after 10 min on hold I was told they don't have any. I drove up to the store and took one off of the rack myself.

They are 2 blocks away from me and would be very convenient if they knew what they were doing. I use them only as a very last resort.

Edited by shumsauto