Quantcast

Local Parts Store, Shows Continued Loyalty to Shops

Parts returns are factored in to cost of sales. Doesn't matter if it is returned by a qualified shop or a DIYer. Parts chains know failed parts and didn't fix it returns come back under the same blanket. Retail price & profit margin are king. Repair shops will always foot the bill in lost labor dollars. Goes like this. Complain to your supplier, fix the car at our expense, come in tomorrow and repeat.

Posted Image

This is a caliper we received from advance today. In my opinion it's a poor quality reman. Also noticed there's been no consistency lately. Some calipers for instance come with line banjo bolts, some without. Threads not repaired. Some with hardware some without. Actually went in the store a while back and looked over about 4 boxes with the same part number. Each had different contents. Things like this really hurt small shop productivity in my opinion!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 months later...

I don't buy anything that I know is Cardone. Calipers are undercar express - supposed to be domestically reman, racks and power steering pumps - oe or used oe. Napa uses a different supplier than cardone now for pumps, I have one installed for about 6 months now with no issues. OE parts look better all the time.

• Like 1