Quantcast

Google Adwords

Anyone have any success with an Adwords campaign? I have been doing research and it seems a bit more complex for a decent ad but will target local demographics searching for your keyword. There is no contract and budget is flexible. I hate a lot of company's want a year contract for their services that I have no proof will even pay for itself.

How much did you spend on the campaign? I think it varies by market. You only pay if they click on the ads and I am thinking of a short run. How was it hard to cancel?

Initially I started very small. $40.00 a month.

After calling to cancel they told me that I had been using the wrong program I should use (later I found out that was just the newest platform, not a new setup just a new UI) once using the new ui I opted to spend a bit more and went upwards of $400.00 a month for 2 months with no noticeable gains. Called again to cancel, and they told me I needed to work on my keywords, and even after a while on the phone it was found by the rep that keywords were not responding as expected, so regardless what we typed in the most common placement of my add was at "exhaust repair" and "muffler repair". So he explains give them a month to get it straightened out, after that month nothing changed. I called to cancel and due to the fact I had used the original first it took lots of work on my end and their end to actually cancel the service. It was however easy to stop the ads (billing also).

All that said, it's just as likely that my abilities limited their abilities!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I have used Adwords for years, it is the most successful thing I have ever used to advertise. It has brought me more business than any other form of advertising. While Google's interface i a bit confusing, you can pause or delete your campaigns vey easily. That is the pros. The cons. It now cost a small fortune. I started using it many years ago. Not too many shops were using it then. That made it very affordable. I have pretty much stopped using it because the cost is about 20-40 times more now. While we did get a lot of work, we probably broke even by the time we paid for Adwords. I think it is a good tool to to get something jump started. Like if you are just starting out and want to get some cars in the door. Bing, Yahoo, & Facebook have done nothing for us.

I used it to launch my shop management website smotgo.com over the last year. Over 600 people created accounts. I think that is pretty successful, but it was about an $18,000.00 investment. But, without it there is no way I would have reached all those people. When I checked the shops numbers, I calculated about $150,000.00 worth of work over the last few years from Adwords customers. It's hard to totally quantify this value as you don't know what those customers will spend in the future and how much their referrals might be worth, but I spend about $75,000.00 on Adwords, so I'm thinking Google probably did a little better in that deal than I did. You can tune and target you advertising, and set a budget, but then you also limit your opportunities.

• 2 months later...