Quantcast

Anyone using Identifix?

• 1 month later...
Guest PICNICBUILDER2
logo-h92.gif

Anyone using Identifix here? https://www.identifix.com/Default.asp

Any feedback?

:unsure: ok. I used identifix for a while about a year ago. They are a great resource for preventive maintenance service. They have a item that called "catch up maintenance" that allows a tech to do any maintenance that was overlooked and allows a tech to "catch up" with them items. It's a handy tool because it's a "one button push" approach, instead of clicking on different mileages to see the items one at a time.

The problem I had was that they were somewhat limited with their "feedback" database. I could go on Iatn many times and find the fix when Identifix did not have even the subject matter. Don't get me wrong, Identifix has it's place and they are good people, but my concern right now --- even as i speak--- is how much of the information that i could reliable find in Iatn, is going to be unavailable unless i pay the Identifix fee. In fact, as i write this, I am attempting to find information on a code of p0134 (oxygen sensor) for a 2003 accord 3.0 and no posts are listed. Furthermore, there are only 13 post that pertain to any driveability issue on that particular car. I use iatn very frequently and I find that 13 posts is way less than I had anticipated.

Don't get me wrong, it may be that this car just doesn't have that many problems. And on another note, It may be high time that repair shops should be paying (more) and charging (a lot more) for this service. But at this point in time, I am more than just a little "wiggled" with what is going on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Have you checked out Joe's Latest Blog?

5 comments
      I recently spoke with a friend of mine who owns a large general repair shop in the Midwest. His father founded the business in 1975. He was telling me that although he’s busy, he’s also very frustrated. When I probed him more about his frustrations, he said that it’s hard to find qualified technicians. My friend employs four technicians and is looking to hire two more. I then asked him, “How long does a technician last working for you.” He looked puzzled and replied, “I never really thought about that, but I can tell that except for one tech, most technicians don’t last working for me longer than a few years.”
      Judging from personal experience as a shop owner and from what I know about the auto repair industry, I can tell you that other than a few exceptions, the turnover rate for technicians in our industry is too high. This makes me think, do we have a technician shortage or a retention problem? Have we done the best we can over the decades to provide great pay plans, benefits packages, great work environments, and the right culture to ensure that the techs we have stay with us?
      Finding and hiring qualified automotive technicians is not a new phenomenon. This problem has been around for as long as I can remember. While we do need to attract people to our industry and provide the necessary training and mentorship, we also need to focus on retention. Having a revolving door and needing to hire techs every few years or so costs your company money. Big money! And that revolving door may be a sign of an even bigger issue: poor leadership, and poor employee management skills.
      Here’s one more thing to consider, for the most part, technicians don’t leave one job to start a new career, they leave one shop as a technician to become a technician at another shop. The reasons why they leave can be debated, but there is one fact that we cannot deny, people don’t quit the company they work for, they usually leave because of the boss or manager they work for.
      Put yourselves in the shoes of your employees. Do you have a workplace that communicates, “We appreciate you and want you to stay!”
  • Similar Topics

• By Changing The Industry
      Episode 154 - Dissecting Conversations and Conversion Rates Using AI with Stan Stokes
    • By Joe Marconi

Premium Member Content 

This content is hidden to guests, one of the benefits of a paid membership. Please login or register to view this content.

• By carmcapriotto
      Chris Lum and Tom Ham discuss the benefits of using Slack as a productivity tool and how they use it in their businesses, including the ability to create different channels for different purposes, send attachments and documents, and customize notifications. Overall, Slack is seen as a valuable tool for improving communication and efficiency in the automotive industry.
      Chris Lum, Service Manager, Midwest Performance Cars, Chicago and Northbrook, IL.
      Tom Ham, Automotive Management Network. Tom’s previous episodes HERE.
      Show Notes:
      Watch Video Episode HERE Using Slack as a Productivity Tool (00:01:23) History Feature in Slack (00:04:00) Channels and Sound Alerts in Slack (00:05:13) Using Slack for Multiple Locations (00:08:02) Slack for Remote Work (00:09:52) Slack as a Competitive Advantage (00:11:53) Using Slack Channels (00:14:47) Using Slack Reminders (00:22:13) Slack as a Communication Tool (00:24:33) How Slack can be used for face-to-face communication, audio, pictures, and policy sharing, and how it can hold large files. Eliminating Time Wastage with Slack (00:27:47) How Slack eliminates the need for physical meetings and time wastage in finding people for questions, and how it has eliminated certain frustrations in the automotive industry. Thanks to our Partners Shop-Ware and Delphi Technologies
      Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com
      Delphi Technologies: Keeping current on the latest vehicle systems and how to repair them is a must for today’s technicians. DelphiAftermarket.com
      Connect with the Podcast
      -Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
      -All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
      -Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
      -Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
      -The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
      -Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      Dashboards are a valuable tool for businesses as they provide a quick and easy way to visualize and analyze key data and metrics in real time. Hear from two shop owners as they discuss how dashboards improve decision making, increase productivity, and enhance collaboration and accountability with your team. Jimmy Alauria, 3A Automotive and Diesel Repair, Phoenix, AZ. Jimmy’s previous episodes HERE
      Brent Fleischman, Yocum Automotive, Republic, MO
      Show Notes:
      Numbers without dimensions are hard to analyze. Line graphs show trends as a picture. Where does there need to be more improvement? What caused a ‘dip?’ Using statistics helps find the right "WHY" when looking to solve a problem. Competitive nature for employees Creating a graph for daily production on completed hours for technicians Examples of what to watch: Gross income, the value of services delivered (closed repairs), ARO, gross profit dollars, new customers, number of inspections, quality inspection, ARO, average repair estimates, and close percentage (60-75%). Be careful having the close rate too high/too low. New customers- you need front office staff to have a proper orientation for a new customer. Growth mode- as growth increases, also increase your marketing.
      Thanks to our Partners Shop-Ware and Delphi Technologies Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com Delphi Technologies: Keeping current on the latest vehicle systems and how to repair them is a must for today’s technicians. DelphiAftermarket.com
      Connect with the Podcast
      Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Support our partners:

• By carmcapriotto
      There's an art to giving and receiving critical feedback properly. Join Dr. Dave Weiman as he dives into the psychological background of what happens when people feel criticized. He also explains common mistakes and practical tools to apply for an effective and efficient conversation. Dr. David Weiman is the president of Weiman Consulting, a leadership consulting firm in Philadelphia PA. Listen to David’s previous episodes HERE Show Notes
      Common mistakes managers make- waiting too long to give the feedback, if you're letting things fester and stew, by the time you give the feedback, you're really angry, talking about things you didn't directly observe, loading up with several complaints at the same time, and talking too long at the beginning of the conversation Give positive feedback when it's fresh Are people conditioned and associate that good news is always followed by bad news with the 'sandwich technique?' Make it a conversation, not an event. What happens when people feel criticized? Stop listening as they plan how to defend themselves (as defensiveness goes up, listening goes down) Feel resentful. Can wonder why this wasn’t brought up before. Get angry in response. How to give effective critical feedback- mindset, be curious about what the other person’s response may be. Keep your “opening” short, no more than 3 sentences and no more than 10 words per sentence. Use the Situation-Behavior-Impact model from the Center for Creative Leadership: Situation- generally what was going on, “When you were taking the keys from that customer and they said they looked up the problem on google …” Behavior- “I noticed you rolled your eyes.” Impact- the customer said “I saw that!” asked to talk to the manager Interestingly, in studies of body language, we're the least aware of what's going on with our own face because we can't see it, the other person can. A lot of time when we're giving feedback, we're not putting ourselves in the shoes of the person who's receiving it.  Be effective and be efficient, the goal is to get better at it, not to be perfect at the first time
      Thanks to our Partners AAPEX and NAPA TRACS. Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2023. Mark your calendar now … October 31 - Nov 2, 2023, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM NAPA TRACS will move your shop into the SMS fast lane with onsite training and six days a week of support and local representation. Find NAPA TRACS on the Web at NAPATRACS.com Connect with the Podcast: Aftermarket Radio Network Subscribe on YouTube Visit us on the Web Follow on Facebook Become an Insider Buy me a coffee Important Books Check out today's partners:      

• Our Sponsors