Quantcast

Mitchell Social CRM

I'm looking for feedback on Mitchell's Social CRM service and open to other CRM services (other than Kukui). I'm currently with another CRM company and so far I am not that impressed. They are doing a good job, however, I am not seeing a ROI that outweighs the cost. So I am looking for a possible replacement and Mitchell was the first to catch my eye.

Things I am looking for -

1. Website design

2. Social media management (Facebook and Google+, mainly)

3. Customer reviews

4. Email campaigns

4. Optional - online advertising (Google/adwords, bing, yahoo, etc).

Mitchell gave me an online demonstration of their social CRM program today, however, it felt like they were almost seeing how fast they could go through the presentation. Thus, I'm looking for actual customer feedback or recommendations of other companies who offer similar services.

Any and all feedback, suggestions, ideas, tips, tricks, and recommendations are appreciated.

We have been using Mitchell1's Social CRM for about 6 months now & I like it a lot! I cannot give you specifics on ROI, but I can tell you this: for a brand new from scratch, little 2-tech (and 1 SA) shop just now beginning our 3rd year in business, last year we barely broke 200K gross, this year we expect to exceed $250K. I attribute part of this to word-of-mouth referrals, but part of it also goes to the increase we've seen since signing up with Mitchell's eCRM.

Don't know about their ability--or even willingness--to build a website. Having owned a business where I did website design & implementation, I set our's up myself. (www.amarilloautorepair.biz, if you're interested), plus I had already set up our Facebook & Google+ pages. Mitchell, through a partner, posts a weekly auto-related post on our Facebook, and sends out emails asking customers to review us on Google.

We have lots & lots of reviews that were brought to us by the eCRM program, and we've heard from lots of customers who appreciate the ability to do so. Additionally, Mitchell has an appointment system that we've had lots of customers just rave about the ease with which they can schedule an appointment with us.

Mitchell's eCRM sends out lots, without it becoming spam, of emails. A "Thank you" upon ever closed RO, service reminders, eBlast campaings, reminders of declined service work.

I do not think they do any online advertising for you, RE: Google adwords, Bing or Yahoo.

We subscribed to the full eCRM package with the exception of Postcard marketing/reminders. We have about 90% of our customers with email addresses, plus Mitchell has picked up about 5% of the ones we didn't have by matching address/phone numbers and supplying us with the associated email address.

In short, I am very happy with Mitchell1's eCRM program and would highly recommend it.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

1. Website design

3. Customer reviews

4. Email campaigns

We've been using Social CRM for nearly a year, and although we're very pleased with the results, you should understand what they're offering so your expectations are in line with their program.

Their service doesn't include website design, or social media management, as you've indicated. They won't post content for you on Facebook or Google+, or keep up on a blog for your company, or the such. They don't design or consult & give advice on your website, either.

Here's what they do:

1. I can be very straight with you, and make it very clear, but please know that doing so does take something away with the sophistication by which their service is valuable. Basically, they take YOUR supplied customer data, and process it, reaching out to your customers at pivotal points in the service/marketing process, because it's understood that as business owners, we just don't have the time. The key point is to make absolutely CERTAIN you get email addresses consistently, and at every visit, make sure you're asking for it, or updating it with your customer.

2. Within an hour or so after entering a new customer & their email address, the customer will get a predefined email, welcoming them as your customer, and inviting them to click a link that lets them register/claim their profile on a free service that gives them instant access to all their service history, digital copies of their invoices with you, and both automated maintenance recommendations as well as YOUR service recommendations. I should mention that at every step, your customers have the ability to click a link to set an appointment for service, confirm an existing appointment, leave a review for you, ask questions about recommendations, etc.

3. AFTER service has been provided at your shop, and an invoice is closed out, the SocialCRM service will (a day or so later I think) automatically send out a "Thank you" email for bringing in their car for service, and giving the the chance to click a link, and leave you some feedback.

4. Once their vehicle is logged in the system, it begins a Manufacturer's Recommended Service clock, and keeps them notified of upcoming, scheduled services, each time, giving them the chance to click a link & schedule service.

5. For every job currently on your board, they'll get reminders for upcoming appts with you. You have some flexibility over how these are sent out, but basically, if it's set up in enough advance, they can get one a few days before their appt, and one the day before...each time letting you know that they'll be in, ask to reschedule, and even add additional service before the appt day. Of course, they can cancel the appt, too, but it helps keep your days accurately scheduled.

6. If they don't have an email address that you've entered in the system, SocialCRM makes consistent effort to track down valid emails for you, and although it's not entered automatically in your management software, it's used to email them as above, even though you didnt ever ask for one. (NOT a way to grow your email list independently, but a really nice support service.

7. The "Social" in SocialCRM is because they solicit, and manage reviews for you at SureCritic.com. If you post out 50 jobs in a given week, and only 40 have email addresses logged, they'll attempt to call (3 times, I think) the remaining people on the phone to solicit a review. There's more specific data available on how this is done, but you'll have to ask your SocialCRM rep.

8. They send out a monthly report email that shows & charts your company's performance in response to the emails/calls. It compares your #of visits, average invoice, overall sales, etc. to both state and national data.

9. You can all ANYTIME, and they'll send out an email blast to all your customers. A graphically pleasing, professionally constructed email. Just call or email your rep with what you want the message or offer to be, and they handle the rest. (This is included in the Social CRM subscription)

10. You can pay extra to have them design & mail actual postcards to your customers, but we do this in house, so I can't speak to this...

Anyhow - we're happy with the service, and I think it MORE than pays for itself....but you MUST make it a priority to get email addresses. your staff will hesitate to do so. They'll forget. If you don't get email addresses...very little happens.

If you do - then you get a "digital assistant" that will be there to thank your customers, remind them about appts, solicit reviews, drive them to your website, and even followup after service. Thats pretty cool.

Just one man's humble opinion.

• Like 1

I just spoke to Mitchell about their SocialCRM just for shnitz and giggles. One thing I do not like is their review process using surecritic.com. Essentially this is forcing our hand as business owners to be at the mercy again of customers and reviews. These sites act exactly like other review sites where you have absolutely no power on what is put out about your business. This alone was a huge deal breaker.

All CRM companys do that, Kukui filters them through your website so you get to pick and choose which ones get posted. Besides that they act as new content for your website which google likes and it helps rank your website better. I have a huge problem with not being able to filter reviews. We already deal with this across all these other sites such as google+ and yelp. Why would I want to pay for another?

No one is going to have 100% perfect reviews IMO. If you do get a less than perfect review and you address it promptly, and it is visible to others, it shows you are human and you care. Like I said I get all my reviews to Google+, Facebook and Twitter. It is only 3-4 clicks to get that done. And for the cost I dont think ya can beat it IMO.

Yeah thats what I already do on Yelp. We have a 55 reviews with an overall 5 star rating and its enough stress dealing with that and making sure it stays 5*. I respond to the odd ball negative review which is using a BS customer with a BS complaint. I certainly don't need another one. We have 223 posted reviews on our website, all 5* as well. Any less than 5* reviews I can deal with at my leisure because they do not get posted.

I'm not so concerned about the reviews. I just want my customers reminded about recommended services, and maintenance schedules etc. from what I have seen with Mitchell I can see exactly what and when I have made and or sent the recommendation quickly. Demand force and mechanic net require a little more hunting to find these things.

I'm not so concerned about the reviews. I just want my customers reminded about recommended services, and maintenance schedules etc. from what I have seen with Mitchell I can see exactly what and when I have made and or sent the recommendation quickly. Demand force and mechanic net require a little more hunting to find these things.

We've tested this extensively and we have found very few cases of a customer

being motivated to make an appointment to get their scheduled maintenance

taken care of, as a result of a text message, email or direct mail.

The good news is: drivers are committed to bringing in their vehicle for oil changes

every 3-5,000 miles. This one regular service has been drilled into their heads,

from the day they got their first set of keys, as something they MUST do, in order to

keep their vehicle running.

So, you have an opportunity, at every oil change to discuss scheduled maintenance

services face-to-face...

Because selling recommended services and scheduled maintenance requires

a one-on-one conversation based on educating the customer what the service

includes and the benefits to them, for having the work done.

That's the most effective way to increase your sales.

1. Website design

3. Customer reviews

4. Email campaigns

We've been using Social CRM for nearly a year, and although we're very pleased with the results, you should understand what they're offering so your expectations are in line with their program.

Their service doesn't include website design, or social media management, as you've indicated. They won't post content for you on Facebook or Google+, or keep up on a blog for your company, or the such. They don't design or consult & give advice on your website, either.

Here's what they do:

1. I can be very straight with you, and make it very clear, but please know that doing so does take something away with the sophistication by which their service is valuable. Basically, they take YOUR supplied customer data, and process it, reaching out to your customers at pivotal points in the service/marketing process, because it's understood that as business owners, we just don't have the time. The key point is to make absolutely CERTAIN you get email addresses consistently, and at every visit, make sure you're asking for it, or updating it with your customer.

2. Within an hour or so after entering a new customer & their email address, the customer will get a predefined email, welcoming them as your customer, and inviting them to click a link that lets them register/claim their profile on a free service that gives them instant access to all their service history, digital copies of their invoices with you, and both automated maintenance recommendations as well as YOUR service recommendations. I should mention that at every step, your customers have the ability to click a link to set an appointment for service, confirm an existing appointment, leave a review for you, ask questions about recommendations, etc.

3. AFTER service has been provided at your shop, and an invoice is closed out, the SocialCRM service will (a day or so later I think) automatically send out a "Thank you" email for bringing in their car for service, and giving the the chance to click a link, and leave you some feedback.

4. Once their vehicle is logged in the system, it begins a Manufacturer's Recommended Service clock, and keeps them notified of upcoming, scheduled services, each time, giving them the chance to click a link & schedule service.

5. For every job currently on your board, they'll get reminders for upcoming appts with you. You have some flexibility over how these are sent out, but basically, if it's set up in enough advance, they can get one a few days before their appt, and one the day before...each time letting you know that they'll be in, ask to reschedule, and even add additional service before the appt day. Of course, they can cancel the appt, too, but it helps keep your days accurately scheduled.

6. If they don't have an email address that you've entered in the system, SocialCRM makes consistent effort to track down valid emails for you, and although it's not entered automatically in your management software, it's used to email them as above, even though you didnt ever ask for one. (NOT a way to grow your email list independently, but a really nice support service.

7. The "Social" in SocialCRM is because they solicit, and manage reviews for you at SureCritic.com. If you post out 50 jobs in a given week, and only 40 have email addresses logged, they'll attempt to call (3 times, I think) the remaining people on the phone to solicit a review. There's more specific data available on how this is done, but you'll have to ask your SocialCRM rep.

8. They send out a monthly report email that shows & charts your company's performance in response to the emails/calls. It compares your #of visits, average invoice, overall sales, etc. to both state and national data.

9. You can all ANYTIME, and they'll send out an email blast to all your customers. A graphically pleasing, professionally constructed email. Just call or email your rep with what you want the message or offer to be, and they handle the rest. (This is included in the Social CRM subscription)

10. You can pay extra to have them design & mail actual postcards to your customers, but we do this in house, so I can't speak to this...

Anyhow - we're happy with the service, and I think it MORE than pays for itself....but you MUST make it a priority to get email addresses. your staff will hesitate to do so. They'll forget. If you don't get email addresses...very little happens.

If you do - then you get a "digital assistant" that will be there to thank your customers, remind them about appts, solicit reviews, drive them to your website, and even followup after service. Thats pretty cool.

Just one man's humble opinion.

Everything stow integrity mentioned is spot on. I will also mention that they do post weekly blog posts from other automotive news sites on your Facebook page as well at least once a week. Very interesting articles that help drive people to your site.

The "Dashboard" that they give you is very cool and allows you to perform a deep dive on all data to really see how your customers are responding to the e-mails/texts.

I'm a big fan. I was using Demandforce before and I thought they were bombarding the customers with texts/e-mails and robo calls for appointments and reminders. Mitchell's way of reminding customers isn't overwhelming.

The only thing that I wished was available is being able to have full control of the e-mail templates to design them to match our overall design of our website/logo. Maybe that functionality will come in the future.

Having an agent to just "handle" all seasonal/promotional blasts with specials to customers is easy and painless. We can usually get a response and an e-mail drafted within one business day.

Costs are cheaper than what Demandforce was per month as well.

AJ

Edited by ajnealey

We've tested this extensively and we have found very few cases of a customer

being motivated to make an appointment to get their scheduled maintenance

taken care of, as a result of a text message, email or direct mail.

The good news is: drivers are committed to bringing in their vehicle for oil changes

every 3-5,000 miles. This one regular service has been drilled into their heads,

from the day they got their first set of keys, as something they MUST do, in order to

keep their vehicle running.

So, you have an opportunity, at every oil change to discuss scheduled maintenance

services face-to-face...

Because selling recommended services and scheduled maintenance requires

a one-on-one conversation based on educating the customer what the service

includes and the benefits to them, for having the work done.

That's the most effective way to increase your sales.

I did have one customer recently that because he had to perform oil changes (apparently he never knew) that he wanted to get rid of the car. When explained that every car needs maintenance and the most basic of which are oil changes he almost had a mental breakdown :lol::lol::lol:

• 10 months later...

I was surprised to see so many positive things about Mitchell CRM. I can't stand this CRM and here is why:

1. Mitchell sends out recommended service emails and unlike MechanicNet you do not have a chance to review who they are sending to before they send. It would be nice to review the list so have the opportunity to stop marketing to the bottom feeders and call my top customers in a couple of days.

2. Contract - By the time you figure out this CRM sucks you are locked in for 1 year.

3. The reporting is horrendous and inaccurate. If they send Mrs. Jones an email for 150,000 manufacturers service and Mrs. Jones comes in for the brakes you told her she was going to need in 6 months ago, the CRM reports that she came in from their email.

4. They send out an email for a manufacturer 180,000 service. The issues is that as the shop owner I can not see what the hell they sent. And the real amazing thing is that Mitchel maintenance schedule stops at 150,000 miles.

5. You have no control. You have to call Mitchell to do anything.

Just my 2 cents.