Quantcast

Customer Experience & Reviews

How was your customer's experience? Customer online reviews including good and bad, consumer complaints, and general customer service discussion. 

220 topics in this forum

• 8 replies
    • 2.9k views
    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 12 replies
    • 3k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  1. Breaking My Own Rule

• 6 replies
    • 2.7k views
    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. Loaner Cars

• 8 replies
    • 4.3k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 10 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 12 replies
    • 3.3k views
    • 18 replies
    • 4.1k views
    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  3. The New Normal?

• 8 replies
    • 2.8k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
    • 6 replies
    • 3.8k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
    • 5 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  4. Shop Insulation

• 11 replies
    • 3.9k views
    • 12 replies
    • 6.6k views
  5. Food For Thought

• 2 replies
    • 2.9k views
    • 6 replies
    • 6.3k views
    • 8 replies
    • 3.2k views
  6. Satisfied Customers

• 2 replies
    • 2k views
  7. No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

• 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  8. It Runs In The Family

• 8 replies
    • 2.7k views
  9. The Bird Lady

• 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 21 replies
    • 6.5k views
  10. 3 Gallons of Trouble

• 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 6 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 4 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 10 replies
    • 4.5k views
    • 6 replies
    • 4.4k views
    • 4 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 13 replies
    • 7.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
    • 11 replies
    • 4.7k views
  11. K-I-S-S method

• 11 replies
    • 3.8k views
    • 3 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 13 replies
    • 4k views
    • 4 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 15 replies
    • 6.3k views
    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
    • 2 replies
    • 3.1k views

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Latest Posts

• You are right.  Here is my take on this.  Creating an amazing experience is nothing more than building strong relationships, being nice, friendly and making sure that you are taking care of the customers needs. You are right, as we build value, we sell ourselves. I don't think the customers "expect" any experience. They get beat up everywhere, and now they are just looking for a someone who truly cares. For example, I am dealing with a knee issue. I called the doctor three times, left messages, got hung up on twice, and it took days for someone to call me back. And this is a doctor's office! Again, this is no brainer, just be nice, do a quality job, and the rest takes care of itself....for the most part. 
    • Re: Should we get back to the art of selling, taking care of customers, offering options and making sure we create an amazing experience?  Should we get back to the art of selling? NO! Customers don’t need to be "sold." We need to sell ourselves. Google search: “nobody likes to be sold.” More soon taking care of customers: YES ! offering options? Such as? and making sure we create an amazing experience? OK. What makes for an amazing experience? I read online somewhere: “Today’s customers want an exceptional experience, one that puts you and your shop above the competition. Which means: easy scheduling, a fast turnaround, open communication, fair and transparent pricing, and repairs that are done right the first time.” To me, that is NOT an exceptional experience. That is the minimum. That is a routine experience. Thoughts?
    • Costs are rising, and every shop owner needs to make the decision on where to spend and how much. Events like the R+W can be valuable in terms of knowledge and networking, and morale.  As for the P/L, there needs to be a line item for Training and a budget. That budget will depend on the level of your team and your goals.  I would look at my total overall expenses (not including tech pay), and my goal is keep total expenses no more than 40% of total revenue. You business model, was different.. 
    • Welcome to Auto Shop Owner! 
    • Ugh! It may not be actual overselling but it's certainly the perception of overselling. The darn (AAA) survey that said customers "feel" they were overcharged, but they don't explain how the customer decided that. I TRIED to get a copy of the AAA study but to no avail. ESPECIALLY how the actual questions were worded, which is important. And this lame idea about the HUGE value of videos of the needed repairs, the "transparency." I saw a customer's video of cracks in his differential rubber mount, "needing" replacement. but no clunking. And this was part of a $4000 estimate on a $5000 Lexus. It was from a Lexus dealer. I see this (common) stuff as the main problem with the perception of our industry, NOT the alleged unscrupulous shops, which I guess to be about 10% on the shops, if that. AND I heard (an exaggerated?) comment that 3/4 of first time customers don't come back. Jeez, I wonder why? Overselling. QUIT doing if. Suggest half of it and they'll come back. Meaning less money spent on advertising. I could go on. Sorry ...
    • Hello guys I’m Jade Trost 56 years. New  on this forum 
    • Enhancing Shop Operations with John Heller of PartsTech